Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I did not know this either
Yesterday I went scoping out a section of a small stream not far from where I now live. I did this because I had read on the internet that it had rainbows which the DFG stocked in the spring and summer. I found the place but not any fish. The water seemed too warm to be reasonable trout water. After that I ran across a DFG webpage that listed all the places they do stock and it was not listed. So now I know that it is not.

I also learned some thing else that I did not know. This near coastal country is loaded with Poison Oak along with plants that look like poison oak. I am not talking a little here and a little therebut growing without bound next to the water way. It was the predominant undergrowth.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Sorry that you didn't get a chance to wet a line Scruffy_Fly. The people in Utah and similar states that abound with rivers and fun spots to fish minutes from their front door can't appreciate what mother nature has to offer until they lived in the desert. Oh yea SoCal is a desert. Without imported water everything but the sand would die. Living in OC its a 1 hour drive to the nearest river. The Big Bear area which has several lakes and streams is a good 1½ hour drive and then once you get there one has to contend with the lunacy that comes with the hordes of people. That is the one thing that I loved about WA, drive in any direction for less than ½ hr and I'm fishing. [Image: sad.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
That's what I liked about CO, WY & MT - no matter where you looked there was someplace to fish, usually within an hour.

Nothing surprises me about the internet. So much is put out that is arbitrary or just plain wrong......arghhhhhh!!! You have to scrutinze the dates the data was put up.

We had a creek we used to fish in Wyoming that was coming from a hot water vent (not Yellowstone). By the time it got to where we crossed it, the temp was down to 85F, the weeds proliferated and it harbored numerous cutthroats - up to 14". Fishing was great until someone put the location on the internet - ruined that creek for several summers.