Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catfish-logic's thought from White Deer thread
He said," [#ff0000]This one guy gets $20,000 from the state of Wisconsin because wolves attacked his bear hunting dogs!
20,000 bucks!

Don't get me wrong I respect people who don't like wolves.

But this guy is a _______ for that. A whining selfish _______. He should get a slap on the back of the head ."
[/#ff0000][#000000]Do you have any idea how much those dogs cost that they use for hunting lions and bears?[/#000000]
[#000000]I don't see that it is any different than a wolf killing livestock, when dogs are after lions and bears and a wolf goes after them and kills them that is the fault of those that put the wolf there and they should pay for them when they are killed. Of course that is just my opinion. WH2[/#000000]
[signature]
ACCTUALLY..last i heard a good bear dog cost about 6500 dollors..you relize a pack of these dogs is more than youll spend on fishing equipment in a lifetime..talk about an exspensive sport..
[signature]
[#400080]As much as I am against wolves, that guy is off of his rocker for expecting the state to pay for his dogs.[/#400080]
[#400080][/#400080]
[#400080]Those guy understand they are taking a risk. Bears and [/#400080][#400080]lions can kill them as well.[/#400080]
[#400080][/#400080]
[#400080][/#400080]
[#400080]I have lost several lures at bear lake, on state waters... I actually dragged them through the rocks at cisco beach. Should I ask the state to reimburse me..... JMO[/#400080]
[signature]
there are to many variables to even try to attack this argument..i was just commenting on how exspensive this guys hobby really is..i used to coon hunt..and some of the guys with the champion dogs would always put insurance on them..why didnt this guy do the same..
[signature]
At the end of the segment, a bear did hurt one or more of the dogs but I doubt he ask for that state to pay for that damage. It sounded like it was a state policy that they would pay for damage to dogs and livestock, that were hurt or killed by wolves. I think that is because the wolves were reintroduced and the state must figure that the dogs would not be dead or hurt, at least not from the wolves, if they had not reintroduced them. I guess deciding if those
dogs are worth 20k or not is another issue[:/]. WH2
[signature]
i would exspect its a predertermined decision by the state..not an accual lawsuit.im not a big fan of the reintrduction of the wolves to alot of the states which there cerrently trying here in mich..so maybe the states could learn something from this..
[signature]
Well thats what the guy asked for $20,000.

I didn't know that those dogs were that expensive.

To use tax payer money to compensate for hunting dogs is pure theft! Plain and simple.

For livestock when wolves and other predators get the cattle I can see a compensation. Not for hunters,sorry.

Thats your own darn fault for paying out that much money just to kill a bear.

That sounds like some crazy obsession to spend that amount to kill a bear.

Why not just dump honey someplace and wait for the bear to come eat it.[cool]

I think hunters should hunt things to eat.

There are 1,500,000 white-tailed deer in Wisconsin and about 500 wolves. How can 500 wolves devour 1.5 million deer beats the heck out of me.

But 500 wolves can kill livestock. So I think they will come to a "solution". And thats put the wolf on the endangered species list. [:p]

I happen to love wolves. I wish people would just leave the wilderness alone. But that doesn't mean I don't feel for the ranchers.
[signature]
The dogs are expensive but your hunting dangerous game and if the dogs or you get killed it goes along with the game, not sure how anyone can ever justify getting payed when something like that happens. weather the dogs cost 20 grand or are free.

Also not sure how this went from a albino deer to wolf talk.[:/]
[signature]
you know what..its illegall to shot an albino deer in this state..its also illegal to shoot a wolve..kind of irony aint it..
[signature]
I guess you do not know that folks eat bear, try it some time, it's better than you you would think[Smile].
Just as lurtch said in his reply to me, that state must already have a predetermined valve set on animals(even dogs), if they awarded the guy that much for his dog[crazy].
[signature]
i have ate plenty of bear its ok i would still rather moose than any wild game. I dont like what the bear looks like after its been skinned and is still hanging it just looks like i think a human would.
[signature]
ive acctually ate bear meat...it is good..we have a bear seoson here..5 years ago there was a proposell on the ballot to ban bear hunting with dogs.we voted it down and put any future decisions like this in the hands of the dnr to decide..sounds like a bold move but id rather have the dnr make these decisions then the general public..
[signature]
Wow, that is a great idea, let the folks that know something about wildlife decide what is legal when it come to harvesting animals instead of the general public that think in terms of what they think is right but have few facts to back their feelings.
[signature]
that was the general idea..also keeps the p.e.t.a folks from sticking there nose in it..doesnt meen i always agree with the d.n.rs decisions..but its the best you can do..
[signature]