Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another willard report 23 May 09
After reading Crankem's Willard report a couple days ago I knew I was going to be on that water asap. I took my dad out to Willard on 5/23. Got onto the water at 0730. We were getting set up when Crankem called and we met up with him on the water, I introduced my dad to Crankem and he went off to hit a couple other spots. We were primarily fishing for walleye but if we caught some wipers we were thinking that would be okay as well. We fished bottom bouncers until about 1430. The fish were hard to find but we finally landed a few and lost a few. I had a wiper and a walleye break off worm harnesses in the net (very lucky and a reminder that I need to go through all of my pre tied harnesses and remake a bunch they are too old I'd say), we lost a walleye which felt beefy and another walleye as well as a wiper that came unbuttoned. I was glad to have a good fish finder as without it there would definitly be skunk on our hands. The final tally was 6 wipers and 4 eye's. My dad outfished me by a couple fish. I didn't have a camera on the boat but we ate them so I took pics at home and will post pics later, have a new computer and it doesn't have my camera sw on it. Wipers were good sized, I would guess averaging 3-4 lbs, maybe bigger. Walleye were from 18-22 inches. We had some of them for dinner last night and they were excellent. We beat it off of there when the clouds turned black. Great day on the water with my dad!

*My mom emailed me some pics so I'm putting them on here. Doesn't show all we caught but a few. You can see the rest on the cleaning table (garbage can) in one of the pics. We're trying to teach our daughter to say "Wiper" and "Walleye", it's not working!
[signature]
Good deal Rob. Looked like your dad was having a good time.
Like all ways it's a matter of finding the fish. I stuck to the pattern that worked so well for us thur. and only picked up one eye. Seems like the eyes were deeper that day.
A freind found some active fish over on the N. side and caught 9 eyes in about an hour.
[signature]