Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Ball, Chick Dogfight, LM, 5/23/09, Grandad
had the pleasure of fishing Jmax's dogfight Sat morning with my Granddad. He has been fishing for 60 years and this was his first tournament. Let me first say thanks to all who put it on, my granddad is getting older so the 5 hour thing worked out perfect for him and the quick weigh in was great also. I've been home since the last CFF and I really did find some great fish in all the sloughs I usually fish, since the last CFF tourney I've had a 6.4, two over 5 and 6 fish over 4lbs. It's really been an awesome week. Something changed drastically between Thursday night and Saturday morning because the big fish just weren't there. Anyhow, had an awesome time and boated somewhere in the 30's between blast off and weigh in on Saturday. The top water bite was not there for us so we swapped to what most people won't believe this but the past week a majority of the big fish have simply come on a wacky rigged senko fished in 6ft or less in the backs of coves. I don't know if it has been luck or what, but they have flat out been wearing them out. The 5 days I fished the chick this week I've gone through 12 packs i think they're 10 a pack, of the Yum senkos with a gray sparkle top and white bottom. Anyhow, thanks again to everybody who puts these tournaments together, it was a great way to spend a day out with the guy who taught me to fish.