Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence in your lure/bait?
[unsure]I find it interesting how many, if not most of us, develop confidence in particular lures or baits and have little confidence in other lures or baits. For example, when I fish a minnow I expect to catch a fish, and I also expect it to be a larger than average fish. I also have many lures that I have confidence in and use frequently and others that haven’t come out of my tackle box in years. Interesting, how many lures and baits that I use with the expectation of catching fish, are the same lures and baits that other fishermen/women also have but never use, and vice versa, because they/I don’t expect them to work. Anyone else have thoughts on this subject?
[signature]
Interesting subject kentofnsl. I too have my go to lure. In fact when I'm on a river or stream, I only use one lure. It is my "magic" lure. I probablyl have at least 50 other lures I could try, but I always go to the same slot in the tackle box. I really should only carry the one style of lure with me...it would cut down on the weight in the fishing vest. I'm no expert when it comes to any lake fishing, and I try most anything, but I think everyone finds a "magic" lure/bait, and they just tend to stick with it, whether it is catching fish or not.
[signature]
I do this all the time. It's not always the same lure for any particular dicipline, but it is always the same lure for a certain type of fish and/or location. I like the black and gold panther martin for any stream or small river. I like the Wedding Ring lure in green on the Berry. I seem to gravitate toward the same color shad lure on Willard, and then I go to the same bottom bouncer/worm harness (same colors and all) for walleye on willard and Yuba. I think that it is pretty funny when I go and try something else and leave it out there for only 15 minutes or so, then I throw the "meal ticket" out there and then my habbit is perpetuated even farther when I have success with it. Then I wonder if the other lure would have done just as good by the end of hte day. We humans are strange creatures of habbit. Oh well, best wishes.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
im certainly the same way. I am narrow minded when i fish. I use one way and one way only. But I have found that when its not working not much else is either. Let me reiterate that im narrow minded when it comes to trout fishing. Other species requiere some different narrow mindedness haha. I think we all are like that. Heck why fish with something you dont think will work. It would be like casting with only half your rod.
[signature]
Yes this is true .It helps a lot to know you can catch fish with a certain tackle . I got lots of confidence in my tackle I pack . Been trying lots of new tackle this year and having good success . And building more confidence .
[signature]