Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capasity plate revisited
There was a post a couple of months ago as I recall where people were trying to find out how to get a replacement capacity decal. At the time I sent emails to the state and got some info that may or may not have helped me avoid a ticket.

I was at a lake last week with my newer boat and asked the DNR to inspect my boat to make sure I had everything I needed. I explained the problem with my old but seaworthy boat not having the plate and asked them what I should do since the maker of my boat wont supply one due to legal issues. (afraid of lawsuit if something went wrong I guess. )

Anyway one officer had just got out of training and said they told him that the only place they knew of was in pensylvania. He was going to leave me some info if he could find it...He obviously did not have it as there was no message in my car when I returned. but I researched what PA did and found they have a form you can fill out called "Form PFBC-702, Application for Boat Capacity Plate". I am assuming that this is what he is talking about.

Do a search on the internet and you can get the form. fill it out with your $5.00 and send it in for a new plate. You have to fill out the form properly and indicate you have not lied etc and sign it.

I will be trying this tomorrow but some of the rest of you may want to try it as well or help me research if this is a legal and viable fix for those of us with older or homemade boats.
[signature]
I really do know how to spell capacity, I just can't type.

by the way the DNR, Department of Natural Resources down near Vernal were very helpful. I forgot my oar and told them I had to go back to town to get one and they loaned me theirs as I was just testing out a fix for my boat motor and they were going for lunch. Now thats great service. I needed that oar as it turned out so its a good requirement.
[signature]