Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Fishing
Hello everyone from Southern California.

Lightlinejohn
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hi there Lightlinejohn and welcome to the BFT. So what kind of gear do you use - spin, bait casting or fly fishing? I have never fished Diamond Valley - hear that the bass get pretty big over there. BAC do you work over at the prison? Here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70"]Fresh_Water_forum[/url] & one to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?category=11"]California_forum.[/url] [/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Tight line from Yorba Linda.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Hello Dryrod,

No, I do not work at the Prison. Although, I do visit the Prison from time to time attempting to save soles for Jesus.

I am primarily a Bass Fisherman, although I love to fish for Crappie. Lately, since the water has been down at Diamond Valley, I have been fishing Lake Silverwood for bass. I am blessed to have a Champion Bass Boat and twice a month I fish Silverwood. I like jigs , spoons and grubs on that lake. Diamond Valley is a great drop-shot lake. Do you know where the Crappie are biting?

I catch a lot of two and three pound bass at Silverwood. Silverwood had two serious draw backs. Strong winds and jet skiers. Both can be a problem for Bass Fishermen.

Lightlinejohn
[signature]
Oh, I forgot.

I use both bait casting reels and spinning gear. Certain baits are best presented on Spinning gear. However, when fishing jigs of 1/4 oz and heavier, I always go to bait casting gear. I generally leave the dock with about eight rods pre-rigged with different baits for different situations I expect to encounter. Spinning gear is good for crank baits, small jigs, and presenting small plastic worms or gurbs on 2, 4 and 6 lb line on our highly pressured lakes. But when it comes to fishing brush, rocks , weeds, gravel or deep, I prefer bait casting gear most of the time. To me, it is a matter of having control and being able to feel what is going on at the end of my line. Bait casting gear is generally the way to go when hunting Mr. Bass.

Lightlinejohn
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hi Lightlinejohn - sorry I don't know where the crappies are looking for a meal as I'm a trout guy. Yes Silverwood can also give fits to us tubers.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Welcome LLJ! I'll look forward to some So. Cal fishing reports!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator