Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outfitting a jet boat
I am picking up my 16' Lowe Roughneck with 90HP jet. Any suggestions on outfitting it for the South Fork ? Anchor systems in particular.
[signature]
I would suggest the Richter anchor. I use it for my boat and it is one of the best I have used for the river. Sportsman's carries them when they have them in stock. 15lb or 18lb will do fine. Use an anchor chain also or you will be saying good-bye to your new anchor.
[signature]
I have a roughneck with a 90 on it. I would get something like a 30lb. anchor for it. I am getting close to finishing my out. I put a 50lb thrust on the bow for a trolling motor and it pushes it along great. I hook my dept finder to the trolling motor and take it off when I river fish. that 90 will use some gas on ya so if ya put in at Byinggton and head up for the canyon I would bring a little extra gas. One thing I did was I but this Hydro Turf down on the floors and seats. It works great and keeps the floor cool in the summer and less slick and keeps it easy to move about druing the winter hunting. The rail system on these things is pretty neat. They have a rail runing down both gunnels. I punched out a little slot and use carage bolts to mount stuff like rod holders and such. I have the side steering colum and during duck season I put a boat blind on it. My blind is by mud buddies and works great. These little boats will take a load, run very shallow (6 inches of water) and can be fished or hunted out of. One thing is that you have to buy such things like oar locks, and dog ramp from Lowe or the dealer but well worth the wait when doing it. I bought the dog ramp and though it was a bit much on the wallet until I hooked it up and used it. No nonsese and just go.
[signature]
I have Saddle tanks and oar locks from the factory. Do you use any kind of anchor lowering system or just tie off to the bow eye? I have a 55 thrust remote control bow mount for it. Mine is a tunnel hull with Merc optimax so hopefully I can get some range with the better fuel economy of the Optimax and 24 gallons of fuel. How does it row on the river?
[signature]
i bought some cleats and just tie it off to the side. I did that so when I was duck hunting in open water I could dro two anchors. Would be interested in seeing how that optimax runs on it. I thought about it but the folks i got it from talked me into the two stroke. I bought it over in Nampa. Where did you get yours? I like the idea of tieing off so if something does happen I can just cut it free.
[signature]
The Optimax is the new 2 stroke, supposed to be quieter, better fuel economy compared to old technology 2 strokes. I bought mine from dealer in Great Falls,Mt.
[signature]