Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report 6-20-6-22
Just got back from Strawberry. The fishing was really good for us this trip out, except we did not catch a single rainbow. We caught about 40 cut's ranging from about 8" to 20". We caught them trolling with popgear and a worm (large copper blade and large siler/brass combo worm 10" behind) and trolling tripple teasers, anything with chartrues. The wind was blowing hard and it was not shorts weather. Lots of rain and a little bit of sunshine. We were not able to do much still fishing because the wind never stopped. Another note, the DWR was very aggressive in monitoring people and checking them. They also had a road block and vehicle search on the way out. Luckily for us we left the lake empty handed so the review was easy, though I did see some tickets being written.
[signature]
I don't know how they got the resources to monitor Strawberry much more closely this year than they have in previous years, but I hope that they continue. MAYBE those who can't seem to follow the fishing laws will finally get the idea, or if not, the state can always use the extra funds from the fines.
[signature]
If you want the bows , I think your best bet is to fish shallow . And as I hate to say it but bait is your best option . Flies and lures will work but you must be in shallow water . Glad you hooked some fish , No kokes . I like fishing the Kokes with the leaded line and popgear with a wedding ring with out bait . Less cutts will hit it . This time of year they are down 4 or 5 colors . I got to try it with a downrigger on light tackle some time because these fish will break the surface and fight like hell .
[signature]
I totally agree, the more they check people the quicker people will get the idea they can't cheat and get by with it and the quicker the lake will improve. WH2
[signature]