Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cajun red lightning
Anyone ever used this fishing line? Just curious and wanted to try it out. But before i did wanted to see if anyone had a opinion on it first.

thanks
[signature]
did you see the ad in field and stream too ? do you know where to get some locally ? i to want to try it also

chris
[signature]
I have never heard of this line. I did find their webpage and it looks like something to keep on a spare spool.

[url "http://www.cajunline.com/index.html"]http://www.cajunline.com/index.html[/url]
[signature]
[cool]I'd have to see it to believe it. Their whole pitch is that the red line disappears because red is filtered out in the water.

I am a diver as well as a fisherman. In the comments section of the website, divers claim the line DOES disappear. I have never seen anything red disappear underwater. The red simply turns to black as the water gets deeper. That's why underwater photographers use strobe lights when shooting anything deeper than a few feet. Everything turns to shades of blue or black and must be illuminated to show the true color.

I think I would hesitate to replace my favorite line (Silver Thread Excalibur) until I had some reliable reports on comparisons of: diameter, strength, and abrasion resistance. Hate to say it, but it almost looks like another one of those things designed to catch fishermen and not fish.

I await with bait on my breath for a good report. Anyone else wanna be a pioneer? By the way, the availability map shows Utah does not have a stocking dealer. It is distributed through Shakespeare. Cabelas has it in 300 yard filler spools for $4.99

[Image: p017505sq01.jpg]

TubeDude
[signature]
well ill be the pioneer. i saw it on cabelas to and figured i would give it a try. what the heck just another line i wouldnt use anyway if i dont like it. im very interested in the visibility of it out of the water. since you know tube i use high vis line and tying leaders on over and over gets a bit annoying if not needed. so i might try it see if the fish react or i start catching less fish because of it. test the visibility above water. and then the strength and the endurance. i wont use a line that is done after 2 trips with it.
[signature]
so am i gonna see some pretty red line this weekend?

sm
[signature]
i odnt think it iwll get here by then. im ordering it tomorrow along with a few odds and ends. but not priority i dont feel like a $20 shipping bill haha.
[signature]
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ....................

sm

ps if it dont work out for fishing you can use it as high visiblity line to tie your tent's guy lines down so people wont trip over them!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Supposedly, red is the first color to disappear in the color spectrum under water with the blues and greens being the last. I think it has something to to with the refractory characteristics in the water. I'm with you. I've scuba dived a lot and have red stripes down the sleeves and the legs of my wetsuit and never actually saw the red "disappear" or blend in to the black suit.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Tube Dude,
Is that baited, or bated breath?
Fishrmn
[signature]
Hey X-man If you want to save money on shipping I know that the CAL ranch

store here in logan carrys it so I don't knoe if you have one close but you might want to give there a try first.
[signature]
[cool]Hey Fishrmn, that's dee-baitable. Depends on your perch-spective. But, since us fishin' types uses bait...and not bate...just for the halibut let's go with the the former.

(Sorry about the crappie puns. I'm trying to scale back on that stuff.)

TubeDude
[signature]
thanks blu,

i couldnt find any place in the state that had it. i think there is one in farr west thats right by me ill go check. thanks agin
[signature]
bought some cajun today and will spool it up for fish lake this weekend. see hwo it gos and let everyone know if its up to snuff.
[signature]
oh judas priest no!

sm
[signature]
yupper southern it will be there and it will be tested by my word it will haha
[signature]