Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fished Willard this morning
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] I was out to Willard this morning, and started off very well with a nice fat Walleye 3lbs. and then a very small catfish. I first started fishing in front of the feed lot thats where I caught the Walleye and cat. Trolled at 1.5-2.0 mph with the water temp at 65 degrees. I was trolling in 12 feet of water with a Shad Colored Rapala Tail dancer, Kind of White with the Black back.Lure depth was about 6-9 feet.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] There wasn't a lot of fish being caught from what I could see, and a lot of guys out there were asking me the same questions, where are the fish? They would show up on the screen once in a while but not very active.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I talked to Teroy out on the water over by the Island for a few minutes, and then went back to fishing. No luck after that.( NOT YOU'RE FAULT TEROY )There just wasn't a lot of activity under the water.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I met up with a new member of the BFT boards this morning before I left. I think he said that his name was WEIPER, but can't remember, anyway I gave him a Big Welcome and hope that he posts soon.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] It was an alright day I guess.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I fished last night at Willard. I hit the water at about 6:00 p.m. and the action was hot for Wipers for about a half hour. Then someone hit the switch and shut the whole thing off. Trolled for another two hours with only a few taps now and then. Ended up with 6 wipers in the boat, only two under 17 inches. Took two of them home to eat, and man are they tasty. Anyway, was trolling rapalas in blue/white and blue/orange over in the northwest corner at 3.0-3.2 mph. Maybe someone forgot to turn the switch back on from when the turned it off on me. Still, 3 lb walleye, beats getting skunked. Anyway, for what it's worth!

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
[red][size 2] That Walleye was the fattest one and the biggest one I have ever caught out there. I really like to use that Tail Dancer. it works great.[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000]

[signature]
Way to go Dan on the walleye . And no prop damage a big plus . Did you launch from the south marina ?
[signature]
[red][size 2] Hey HA69, how are ya? And in answer to your question, yes I did launch from the South Marina just not on the Center Ramp. I just can't believe how slow thw fishing was.[/size][/red]

[signature]
Hi Dan, I am the new member you met a the lake sunday. Thanks for all the good information that you gave me. It was very nice talking with you and cant wait to meet up with the rest of the good people from BFT. I am a long time listener and as of now have taken the plunge of posting on this site. I have listened to and used alot of the information that all of you post. Looking forward to hearing form all of you. Thanks Dave
[signature]
how did the 23p prop work?
[signature]
Hey Dan, Nice walleye, how long was it? Did you find a way to check your speed, the last time we spoke you said you did not have a fish finder with a speedometer function?

Fishcrazy and I were out there in the evening(4pm to 10pm) and only picked up one wiper. We started on the west side by the light pole and trolled north to the outlet were we picked up our only wiper. We went from there to the S/E corner and trolled post the feed lot and headed to the island. The wind came up so we went back over to the north dike and trolled east again, marked a lot of fish but no takers so after dinging my new prop by the outlet we went into the north marina when I hit my prop again. It was a slow evening for us but the good company made up for it. WH2
[signature]
[Smile][red][size 2] Hello Yper,glad to see that you took the plunge. Like I told you Sunday. There are a lot of great folks here and plenty of good information to boot. we'll hook up with some of the guys soon at Willard.[/size][/red]

[signature]
[unsure][red][size 2] I never got the motor to run, I think that the starter is shot. I did however get to troll with my kicker.[/size][/red]

[signature]
Can anyone see the picture?
[signature]
I can't see the picture.
[signature]
I also can not see the picture.
[signature]
Sounds like willard is slowing down a bit, or is this inconsistant weather got them Confused too????
[signature]
Maybe it's because he is not a member. Can guest post pictures? WH2
[signature]
Sorry about that. I hadn't registered and am new to this posting stuff. Hopefully this will work.

[Image: walleye.jpg]
[signature]
Nice looking fish and good to have you on the site. WH2
[signature]