Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-22-03 (report)
Fished willard from 4:00-8:00. Started trolling from the island heading towards the light pole. About a half mile from the pole we found an area that was pretty good fish ing. We caught 9 wipers and lost a couple. We trolled
2.8 mph (gps speed) and caught them on black&silver shad raps and rattlin rappalas. The water started to get a little rough so we decided to call it a night.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I am hoping to be out there again a couple times this week. What marina did you launch from and how was the water depth in and leaving the marina?
[signature]
Great report MGB, I thought that looked like your boat headed to the south marina a little before 4pm, I was driving by on the freeway headed to the north marina when I saw you. We were in the same area but I guess went the wrong way, if I had headed toward the island instead of the the north dike from the light pole we would have run into you and caught a few more fish. Oh well, I guess the my wiperhunter skills weren't working yesterday. Did you catch any big ones? WH2
[signature]
We launched from the south marina. The water got as shallow as 3' but went to 6' when we got in the path of the cannal.

WH2 just about all of them were good size they were 2.75-3.50 and fought real good. All but 1 were caught on side planners.
[signature]
I would have thought as fast as the snow pack melted off this year. They would have dredged a little more. I we dont get some serious rain, its going to be a big challenge getting your boat out of the marina.

Good thing is all the skiers will be terrified to take their boats out[Wink][Tongue]
[signature]
Its too bad they did not dredge By the ramps and boat docks. Dredging the canel did not help out us boaters, there is still that shallow area between the two points. Recreation is their last concern.
[signature]
you guys might need to get a push pole and pole your way to deeper water

chris
[signature]
You are so right, they could care less if we can get our boats in the water. The only reason they are dredging the channel is so they can keep taking water out. At the rate they are going there won't be any water in the marina in a month. WH2
[signature]