Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Fishing Essay Contest Report
A few months ago i entered the dwrs fishing essay contest. Well i won and I got to go to jordanelle and fish with a guide and one of the conservation officers. Me and my dad got there friday night and had dinner on the beach and man was it chilly. The wind blew the dust of the milford flat fire all the way up the I-15 corridor and up provo canyon. Anyway that night I got my tackle packages from Sportsmans Warehouse and The Bass Federation. I got so much gear that im set for a while!!
[Image: JordanelleTrip001.jpg]
That night we "Fished" the provo lol it was flowing to fast and we saw a Moose!!! My dad was nuts and got a little close too.
[Image: JordanelleTrip004.jpg]
[Image: JordanelleTrip009.jpg]
We stayed at the rivers edge and woke up at 5 am on the dot. We met at the beach pavilion for a light breakfast and then we were seperated onto a guide's boat. We got paired up with Ray Schelble of Rocky Mountain Anglers and Gabe From the DWR then we were off. Ray knew his stuff and within minutes of fishing I hooked a decent little smallie. The fishing was tough all day but we managed to hook some 8 to be exact. Our best success came off the points.
[Image: JordanelleTrip010.jpg]
[Image: JordanelleTrip011.jpg]
[Image: JordanelleTrip012.jpg]

[Image: JordanelleTrip013.jpg]

Id like to thank all those that made this possible and Thank all of them for donating their time and resources.
[signature]
Way to go Aaron and a great report.[Smile] You should post your winning essay for us to enjoy.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a blast. I would be interested in seeing your winning essay.
[signature]
here maybe it will work
nope guess not
[signature]
I enjoyed your essay. Too bad you lost the fish, but then again had you caught it perhaps you wouldn't have won the essay contest.
[signature]
nice report and great pictures. those smallmouths can be really fun to catch.
[signature]
[Smile]good job winning the contest thats cool. Im glad you caught some fish to those smallmouth are fun to catch and pull really hard.
[signature]