Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster brown from Yuba
Okay, okay, so it's just a monster "brown" carp. Took my seven-year-old twin grandsons and a gdaughter down to Yuba today for some fast fishin' and catchin'. Catchin'[/i] is the fun thing for them. It matters not if they are browns, bows, or carp.

They had a blast. Fished off the side of the dock at Painted Rocks with worms and caught fish faster than I could bait hooks. Used crawlers. Most were smallish -- maybe 12 to 16 inches but then one of the boys got a snag..... a snag that moved. It was an awesome fight with several long runs. Using his K-mart special pole and 6 pound test line it took several minutes to bring the behemoth to shore.

Great day but kind of windy. Saw a couple of guys out after pike but never saw them hook any.

The attached picture says it all. One of the boys gave me the ultimate compliment went he told me "When I get old like you I'm going to take my kids fishin' too." That's what it's all about, right?
[signature]
lol nice one! hope you killed eveyone ya caught today! [angelic].. good to see the kidds having fun with them..

there is ton's of them that size in there.. fun for the kidds to catch tho.. [sly]
[signature]
[#008000]Nice Yuba Brown ! LOL ![/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Looks like the kids were carefully handling it and were just about to release it unharmed in the bait freezer.[/#008000]
[signature]
That is worthy of Mounting....TRUELY[Wink]

They might be all there is to fish for in the future...Seems as though they are the only species not effected by any of the viruses or parasites that hit trout
[signature]
That IS what its all about!!! No matter what, those kids will never forget that day of fishing!!
[signature]
+1 Fuzz that is what I was thinking!!! I hope all the carps swim off with pulled gills. That one is huge though man, thanks for sharing!!
[signature]
its always great to see the little ones fishing! and it looks like those two had a [#0000ff]deleted[/#0000ff] blast!
[signature]
That is awesome!!!

Kids don't give a frog's butt what they are catching as long as they are catching and that is a whopper to remember.

I remember a few trips like that. One up catching 2lb chubs up at the Berry every other cast.

Ripping carp out of the Benjamin slough one after another

mud cats and carp out of Salem Pond.

I was young, catching fish and having great time even though the were "trash fish." I didn't really care, it was a hoot catching fish.

Way to go!!!!! Its outing like that that will keep the kids coming back for more.
[signature]
Thanks for the comments. I showed the boys their picture on the forum and they were pretty impressed with themselves. I did take a lot of heat from gdaughter for not including her. Let me add one more pic to get me off "the hook."

By the way, that carp weighed 17 pounds. I have enough cat bait to last all summer.
[signature]
i think you should really mount but the picture priceless.... good job man...
[signature]
Thats awesome. Carp or not, a fish like that puts a big Smile on a kids face. I would like my daughter to reel in a fish like that. Hope sometime this summer, a trip to yuba will bring her a big pike. We're also going to the gorge, shes gonna catch a big mac [img]../../../images/gforum/Wink.gif[/img]
[signature]
[sly] That's some good Smiles. Thanks for sharing! That's one big fish. Big fish is a big fish. They'll remember that trip for a long time. Way to go Grandpa!
[signature]
Great job Grandpa!! A fish half that size is what has now cost me Thousands of $$$ and still counting. When your a young kid it really doesn't matter what you catch, as long as you catch something. They are considered "trash fish" but how many times have you ever seen "trash" light up kids faces? [fishin]
I hope that one day my kids or grand kids will pay me with such a fine compliment.
[signature]
Thats AMAZING!!! so were the worms fished off the bottom or under a bobber?
[signature]
You found Carpzilla. Congrats. I think I would even have a good time pulling in that fish, I know my daughter would.
[signature]
Walleye Guy-- Fished 15 to 20 feet out with a couple of small split shot sinkers and half of a crawler. Been down there twice since we caught the big 'un and caught lots of 12 to 16 inchers but no more big ones. Great place to take the kids for some fun.

Best to ya,
8incher
[signature]
[cool]Thanks!
[signature]