Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heath j, RiverPark Chick, Bass, 6/12, A cooler of shad and a bait bum
HIt the river park for the first time during the day and come to realize real quick that when you show up with a cast net everyone becomes your best friend and thanks you for the bait your going to catch them before your net is even out of the box!!!! I did a good deed after I nailed me plenty of bait on the very first throw and split the next between two gents on the walkway. I headed down stream to the bridge and surprisingly enough one of those very "Bait Collectors" trailed me like a bloodhound and flopped his hind quarters within 10 feet of me. "You fishin fo cats?" Me, "Nope bass." BC "Bass???" Me"Yes bass." BC "They bass down here?" Me "Hope so!!!" BC, "K" Well......... Needless to say you learn new lessons everyday. It didn't take long for BC's bucket of bait to die and the few that were used he had to have hooked wrong because they were dead in no time. Anyway back to the report. Bait was spot on today 3 throws and enough bait for me and others. The bait was right in the corner of the walkway 90* turn. The water was down to start the day 9:00 I got bait and trucked it to the bridge, I managed 2 nice LM right off the bat 15" and 17" and 2 scrawny LM, and one 5lb. drum that I thought for a couple secs was one heckuva Smallie and then EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOT!! The fish weren't hitting it hard as far as I could tell, it seemed they would just pick it up and I'd feel weight on the other end and there the fish were. I missed more than I caught by far, unfortunately the water came on just a bit later and the bite died. Still learning this fishing with rod and reel thing but gaining more and more knowledge everyday!!! And that being said, THANKS ALL YOU CFFERS!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY MR. SPUR!!!!!!!!