Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek - Thanks for not going....
Hit Deer Creek Sunday morning @7:00. There were NO other fisherman working the flats at the north end. Figured they were all up at Willard doing the wiper run. We threw on the crank baits and the first pass we hooked up with a nice walleye 22". Over the next 3 hours we put 6 in the boat and lost at least 6 reeling them in. All the fish were hooked in 18' to 25' deep. Turning hard and not just doing the classic "S" turn seemed to cause the strikes. We were using snap-on wieghts to put us in the zone. Forgot the camera and only have some pics after we got home.
Had a great fish fry last night and really enjoyed the filets.

Remember to not fish Deer Creek on Sunday - only us lost souls can be out fishing for that 30" eye...

Have a great Day...
[signature]
Glad to hear you had some success. That's one of the things i like about Deer Creek not many boats. Others are good fishing, nice scenery, alot cooler than in the valley and very few bugs. Great lake. Alot of people gave up when the fishing got a little tough, but i'm not complaning. Walleye filets don't get much better than that.
[signature]
Man sounds like a good time!!! I need to get back out there and do some walleye catchin'
[signature]