Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Bass Report Fri and Sat evening
This is just a quick report to let you all know that Steelfisher and I got out inbetween the rain clouds on Friday evening and then again on Saturday evening.

Friday: We ended up with around a dozen smallmouths between Steelfisher his son Scott and myself. It was really tough for the bigger bass. We caught the smaller ones on 3 and 4" senkos or senko imitations and a couple on Gitzit tube baits. The highlight of the night was when we got into a pile of nice perch we were catching them on the senkos while bass fishing.

Sat: Steelfisher and I went out with two of my sons. We tried a little different structure at first hoping to find bigger fish. NO LUCK. So we headed back to the flooded grass and bushes where we knew there were fish. The fish ran a little small again but all of us got at least a few bigger fish and by bigger I mean 12" at Ririe. We caught some on Senkos some on tube baits and others on Maniac worms with a chartruse tail rigged Texas weedless. One of my sons figured out how to run that worm through the grass and get the bass to bite. I shouldn't have been so stubborn and switched earlier. It is a humbling experience when your nine year old outfishes you.[cool]

We went back to the perch hole and hoped they would be there again. We did catch 13 in that hole and kept them for dinner. The biggest one was 11" and most of them were 8-9". We were using little green crappie jigs under a bobber.

Ok so my quick report has turned into a novel. Thanks Steelfisher for a great couple of evenings.

Windriver
[signature]
I am new to the area and have never fished Ririe. I was thinking of taking the boat there this weekend. Could you point me in the right direction on where to fish? Thanks.
[signature]
I headed up yesterday afternoon. I caught and released about 20 smallmouth. Most were 7-9 inches with 5 or so 10 -11 inches with one 13 incher. I was fishing a craw soft plastic on a 1/4 oz jig head. I wish I would have tried dropshoting, I think I would have picked up more larger class fish as most I hooked were 15 to 20 ft of water.
[signature]
So i see you seem to fish there often. my question is how are the kokanee salmon doing?? i only fish them in winter....Can you catch them as good as on ice??? and what do you use and how deep ext. i do have a boat, fish finder and thanks......
[signature]
I don't fish for the kokes in the summer. However I know many people who do and they seem to do well for them.

Most people use a hammered brass wedding ring with a piece of shoepeg corn . They just adjust the amound of weight they are using while trolling until they find them if they can't find them on the finder.

Windriver
[signature]
I am probably not the one to ask since I did not find many of the bigger ones the last time we were out. We were fishing in the flooded brush and the grass flats out from the flooded brush.

I think that they might be heading towards the post spawn now. In a little while you should find them on the edge of shelves and points that go out into the lake.

Windriver
[signature]
July to August I have done great on Kokes trolling. I have had 70 fish days using wedding rings and pop gear, no corn. Once you have their depth and color, they are as good as in the boat. They are just not very big like IP is.
[signature]