Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Tourney Success!
Well for a 16 year old I managed very well for my first bass tourney. there were 51 boats, I placed 4th!! I missed the payout spots of 1st and second by only 1lb/.9lb. but it was a great experience and I now get to start my own fishing resume. Smile
[signature]
Good on ya man. I wish I could fish in some tourneys...
But I don't know how to register in them, where they are, or who to talk to lol. Not to mention Fishing from the shore probably wouldn't yield as much as a boat. But it'd be fun, and cool experience.
[signature]
Hey Simp.

I dont know about down there, but if you want to get anywhere, you have to have a boat up here. check out Team-Bass USA and see if they have tourneys for your area. but it really is an adrenaline rush when they call your boat number and you launch off at 40 mph!
[signature]
Simp, most tourneys have nonboaters that can sign up. Look into that. You would have to pay the boaters fee to get in and anything else they decide. You fish from the back.
[signature]
Simp you can always be a Co-Angler too. That means that your get to ride in the boat with the boat owner and fish your own little tourney. Just remember to give the boat owner some gas money. I have taken out Co-anglers before. Just remember to practice proper fishing etiquette. You fish your half of the boat and let him fish his. And if he has a blow up on his lure don't cast to that spot as soon as he reals in, give him another shot at it. You don't wanna be a bad co-angler, word travels fast about d%&$ heads.
[signature]
i don't know anyone with a boat, and I'm not the most social person in the world lol.
[signature]
can u send me a list of the tournaments that have nonboaters
[signature]
[url "http://www.bassinusa.com/busa/tournaments/index.asp"]http://www.bassinusa.com/busa/tournaments/index.asp[/url] Here's one link. But if you google bass tournaments you'll find some in your area.
[signature]
First off Congrads on your finish. I remember my first big tournament what a rush. The most popular pro/co-angler format is probably the Bassmaster Weekend Series, Bassmaster Opens, BFL, ETC.. You can find them online. Also try searching for a bass club in the area. Its a great way to break into the tournament world. GoOoOd Luck!!!!!
[signature]