Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invasive Species Sticker Poll-Please Vote
There are so many feeling it is tough to make the questions for this poll. This will give us a little insight into how people really feel about the invasive species sticker. Please vote.

[ol][li]The invasive species sticker will infact protect Idaho from invasive species.[/li][li]The 10' rule in the invasive species sticker law is unjust but everything else is ok.[/li][li]The invasive species sticker is simply a tax that does little to stop invasive species from entering Idaho's waters[/li][li]The invasive species sticker doesn't effect me so I don't care.[/li][/ol]

Thanks

Windriver
[signature]
For some reason I can't get the results to show. After I voted all the options and stuff shifted left and behind the fishing vid. Anyone else having this problem? I would really be interested in the thoughts on this one.
[signature]
i had the same problem.

but i voted. The invasive species sticker is simply a tax that does little to stop invasive species from entering Idaho's waters. untell i see them checking boats, or putting in cleaning stations in my mind its just a way to get some cash.
[signature]
I am having the same problem. I just asked the moderators for some help so well see what I find out.

Thanks

Windriver
[signature]
I am not trying to be an asshat here but isn't that exactly what they are doing? Using the stickers to get some money to combat the problem? I mean its not extra lunch money right? It does have a specific effect?
[signature]
You are absolutely right. They are using it, it is how they are getting it and how they are using it that need some major rethinking.
Ex: There is boat washes at the major boat launches at Henry's....BUT, there are other boat launches (cliffs for one) that are not watched or have the cleaning equipment.
NOW, if they had put the cleaners on the main road that leads INTO the State / County /Wild Rose...then no matter what, you get your boat cleaned.

That is just one example of how they are using it.

Now getting it....only OVER 10' need the sticker (unless you have a motor, in which case anything with a motor).
Plus the first stages of this bill was the over 10' charge with motor of local $10. out of state $20. They must have rehashed that and came up with the ANY BOAT with a motor, which does make sense.
Te PRICE! OMG! They expect out of stater to flip the bill on this....come on!
Do I need to tell you how many IDAHO plates where at Newton, or LAKE POWELL.
It's not just fishers....ALL BOATERS right down to the water toys/water skiing. JET SKIS!!!!
[signature]
Very poorly conceived and executed program that really accomplishes not much of anything in regards to the actual intent. I'm still trying to figure out how the rafts that basically are only used to float the middle fork of the Salmon during the summer can possibly spread invasive species that don't currently exist in the eco-system. Yet they have to buy the stickers regardless. Between that and the concept that the pontoon boats that are less than 10 feet in length aren't considered a threat but somehow if they're 10 feet 6 inches long they are. Completely idiotic!

Just add it to the list of all of the other poor decisions that the Idaho lawmakers have been responsible for lately. Greed is a truly awful quality, especially in elected officials. Almost makes me ashamed to call Idaho home.
Idaho voters need to recognize the need for a significant purge the next time the current "public servants" come up for re-election.
[signature]
After paying my money for the invasive species sticker, I have yet to see a single wash station or have yet to be checked for the sticker, or a clean boat before or after fishing. On the other hand, I have probably spent over 40 dollars at the car wash washing my boats each time I go fishing, so now I spend way to much money for something that I doubt I alone can help...maybe I'll start knitting....that's cheap ain't it?
[signature]
They did put a check/decon station at the rest stop between Post Falls and CDA on I-90. Problem for me with that location is it's between me and all the lakes in this area. I stopped last week to get checked (seemed kinda stupid to have to cause the boat hadn't seen a body of water in about 6 years) and asked if I have to stop every time I take the boat to fernan, hayden , or CDA lakes, he informed me that not stopping will more than likely get the state troopers chasing me down and citing me for the infraction, at least once they start the real enforcement.
[signature]
I can't swear on this, because I was looking in my rearview mirror as I drove by. But when I came back from Brownlee this last Monday, the place where they normally put up the temp weigh station on the north side of Weiser, was inspecting something. I thought the sign said produce and invasive species inspection. They where only inspecting north bound traffic, which I was heading south.
[signature]
Hopefully it will keep some boaters out of Idaho lol
[signature]
Is anyone getting sited for not having the stickers? I paid my ten but the other day at Glendale I think I was the only one and I didn't see another sticker on any boats. I asked a boater why he did not have one and he said that it was a new law that no one knew about and they were not enforcing it this year. I want my ten back!
[signature]
Thats the same response I got back from the boat inspectors at Brownlee.
New law and they weren't enforcing this year. But I'm not going to chance it, 10 bucks is cheaper then a fine.

I've seen about 50-60% boats with it.
[signature]
You are right EZOP, that is an inspection station on 95 heading north out of Weiser. It opened back around late May, early June. I drive by there every day on the way to work.
[signature]
Well theres a check and cleaning station coming into Malad from Utah Its located at the Rest stop with Big Signs that say all water craft must stop....
I paid my 20 bucks and I feel that just that wash station alone was worth it thanks Idaho...
Im sure there is plenty more check and cleaning stations coming into Idaho It just takes a little time for things to start rolling... But its easy to arm chair quarter back how things should be on a computer....
[signature]
the slug tag is just another way to suck money out of us. [frown]
[signature]
Windriver,

No offense but I don't think you have enough choices to make this a valid poll.

I think that you have to draw the line somewhere so no big deal on the 10 foot rule.

Yes it is just another tax but if nothing else, it drew our attention to the problem.

FR

P.S. I am not voting because I would have to pick a statement that I do not agree with....
[signature]
Last legislative session the Invasive Species bill was passed, which requires boat owners to buy a sticker to be placed on their boat. The Post Register reported last month that the state has collected $750,000 from this program and borrowed another $5 million from the state. With this money they set up check stations near the borders to inspect boats for the zebra mussell. It was reported, this season, with all their new money burning a whole in their pocket, they found two SUSPECTED samples. That is $375,000 a sample for something they do not even know is the zebra mussel.

A classic example of government trying to solve a problem with money, rather than involving the people affected. I belong to a canoe club and did not hear about this legislation until after it was passed. My canoes are spotless. They are cleaned before and after they are put in any water. I and my fellow canoeists are not the problem, but we are the ones they want to tax to fund this project.

I did not buy a sticker this year and do not plan to in the future. Non-motorized boats have never been required to be registered in this state and I do not plan to let this camel get it's nose under the tent, whether it be a boat registration or invasive species sticker. They want you to register everything outdoor related, snowmobiles, boats, four wheelers, motorcycles, campers. What is next snowshoes and cross-country skis? Oh wait, you have to buy a sticker to park your car at a xc trail head. You get the point. [fishin]
[signature]