Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Tiger Muskie Tips
Anyone have any suggestions on catching some big tigers at pineview? I have fished there and had some success, but is there any secrets anyone is willing to share?
[signature]
great name moby dick!

sm
[signature]
First are you in a boat or on foot? the best lure right now to use is a j-11 rapala in perch,firetiger,or brown trout. next would be a big spinner in gold. these will work in a boat or shore. next try big top water lures they are starting to pick up some fish. lok for them down by the dam,and the dropoffs by huntsville and browny point. now if you want to really lurn the lake and how to fish it and what to use. call muskie dee's guides and go out with him, he will put you into the fish and give you the lure that you hook them with.the cost is $100 for a full day boat and gear supplied. call him at (801)941-2821 and tell him that norm piep sent you. we did a fishing class for muskie a few weeks ago and are trying to start a musky club.
now if you dont want to pay for him you can try and go with me sometime but at least for a bit I dont have a boat. my bro inlaw hit a rock at powell and it's being fixed.so I have to hit it on foot for now. but I'll be glad to show you what I know If you find me or get me to go there.(thats not that hard).if you need to know more pm me and I'll see if I can help you more.
[signature]
Hey thanks, I really appreciate that. I have been going up there quite a bit, and I'm sure we could meet up there sometime. I don't have a boat right now, but I am in the works of obtaining one. So down by the dam is a good area?
[signature]
So you have hooked one .. I am jealous . He he I been going on the weekends and have only one confirmed hook up only to break my line . I did get a follow up by the Narrows about 3 weeks ago . So far I have hooked one on jigs with the follows on jigs . All from shore .
[signature]
I may use Dees Guide service for when my son comes back up from Texas . It will be around july 15 . Never used a guide before but you said he supplies all gear . Does that include rod and reels ? That would be sweet when he comes back up . Maybe I could hook up on one , but to get him into one is my priority . What kind of fishing would be good at this time of year ? As you can see I haven't fish for them for long . I would prefer not to troll for them , but hey got to do what ever to hook one .
[signature]
yes dee supplies the rods reels and all he will have some snacks for you also.and for how you'll fish at that time don't have a clue but he will he is up there 4 times a week or more going after them and he knows a lot of guys that go after them and he talks to them all before and when your with so he can put you on them.for 2 poeple It's 175 a day but I'll see what I can do for my old fishing bud.I need to call him and get with him to start the musky club this week anyway.
[signature]