Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is that nasty smell!
That would be a skunk! I went to Jacks cr at strike last night. I got there about 6:00pm I think and hit the water right away. The wind was strong but manageable in my tube. The pelicans were in full force. I headed out to “deeper” water right off the bat. Trouble was there is no deeper water. It maxed out at 11 foot or so and most of the bottom I think is mud. I started out slow trolling a chunk of trout and casting with a jig. Nothing was hitting so I added a piece of worm to the jig. Still nothing. I went to the bottom with a worm, and then I used a bobber, Still nothing. At about 11:00 I had enough and headed for Loverage bridge. I got there and decided that as full as the river is right now I was not going in the river with my tube. I fished from the shore until about 3:00 am and hung it up NOT A SINGLE BITE! I slept until 6:00am and headed for Bliss dam. The wind was strong but no white caps. The river was fast but not as fast as loverage. I get in and headed up stream. I trolled slow with a worm on one and a piece of trout on the other, NOTHING! So I started to cast for Bass, NOTHING! About 11:00 am I was done, finished, kaput! I loaded up the gear and tucked my tail between my legs and whimpered home. My first SKUNK this year. I went home tired and I smelled, of skunk! SO I decided that as bad as the last several hours went I decided to mow the lawn. I hope this is not a trend. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just a "period of adjustment". Not a trend. Keep after it. Sometimes the stars do not line up right and there are unknown forces at work in the cosmos to keep us from becoming too arrogant. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be properly grateful for the good days and accept the bad days as necessary to make the good days seem even better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Well said. Ron
[signature]
It MUST be that way sometimes. Because days like that
make those good days even that much more special.
No worries man, next time you will kill them.

Peter
[signature]
Could be why it is called "FISHING" and not "CATCHING"
It's good to be humblized from time to time although it sucks at the moment.
[signature]