Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? handi-capped access wipers?
Is there any where a handi capped person can catch wipers or walleye? I have arthritis in my hips and knees so I have a hard time walking and climbing over rocks and boulders (the dike at willard). I don't have access to a boat so that is out of the question.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
[signature]
You could try the South marina and sit on the dock, alot of Wiper have been caught from there, as far as the Waleye, I do mot think that there in at the shore line area at the South marina, Waleye are a bit tricky to catch. they hang down low-deep. And like you said a boat would get oyu out to the deeper areas to fish from, I would be glad to take you some time.
[signature]
Thank you I would love to go sometime If we can get it put together.
[signature]
Actually there is no fishing allowed from the boat docks. You could call the Willard state park, their number is 435-734-9494 and ask if there is any handicap access. It is possible that they might let you have access to their private boat docks at the North marina but I can't be sure of that. On some lakes they have made concrete ramps down to the water for handicap access but I don't think they have done that a Willard yet. Hopefully Ron can set you up with a fishing trip, it is likely your best bet at catching walleye and wipers. WH2
[signature]
Thank you, I will call them and see what they say. Maybe I will get a chance to fish from a boat in the near future. I hope I have the gear I need to catch them.
[signature]
I'm still looking for a place a guy without bad hips can catch a wiper. I've found a lot of places I'm allowed to try from....
[signature]
[quote Springbuck] I'm still looking for a place a guy without bad hips can catch a wiper. I've found a lot of places I'm allowed to try from....[/quote]

LMAO! When you find it, let me know! [cool]

-Rich
[signature]
I used to do pretty well for walleye right on the point just north of the boat ramps in the south marina where the harbor opens into the inlet / outlet channel. As I recall it's not at all difficult to walk from the north ramp right along the waters edge out to the point. My best success was in the evening with small Rapalas retrieved just fast enough to get them to dive a little.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That is still a good spot, but after two years of low water that point got covered with brush. If you throw expensive lures out there right now you will need a federal bailout. Many areas next to the rock dikes are the same way. Very snaggy.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Take Coach up on his offer. He'll get you into some wiper and walleye.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#000000]My BAD on the fishing from the dock[frown] I did not know this, (I have seen others do it, opps)[/#000000][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#000000]I would love to take you out in my boat this week,it will be a great week for wiper and waleye, send me a PM and we can hook up soon [fishin] I have 3 days off this week Tues-Thursday.[Image: happy.gif][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]