Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New RIRIE Report
Decided to take my wife to show her how fun the bass fishing has been this Spring so we went out with Steelfisher yesterday evening. When we arrived the wind was blowing we figured it would settle down as the evening went on. It did slow down but the water was chopped up into a muddy mess. The fishing was extremely hard with the mudd, cold water temps from rain and cloud cover along with the fact that I think the bass are in post spawn mode. Steelfisher and my wife both nailed a fish at the same time in the first hole. They were dragging Texas rigged worms. With the quick start I thought it was going to be good. I was wrong. We fished for four hours without them getting another fish. I caught one on a drop shot with a reaper. I also caught a perch on a senko and a cutthroat on a senko but I snagged him in the fin by accident.

It was fun getting out with my wife but I am not sure she is convinced that bass fishing is all that great.[unimpressed]

I think I need to give the bass a break until they decide to be aggressive again.

Windriver
[signature]
I have been waiting also for the Bass. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer also. On the bright side, the Kokes and Bass will both be good in a few more weeks.
[signature]
That is disapointing to hear that the bass are still slow. I was thinking of heading up that way Monday. Perhaps I had better reconsider...
[signature]
Should also have mentioned...kudos to you for getting your wife on the water. Even if she doesn't fall in love with the sport it makes for a good day.
[signature]
I think I would give them a week to come out of this funk.

Windriver
[signature]
She does like to fish and she goes several times a year. I just was just hoping to show her that the investment in bass gear was not just an investment for me but rather for we.[Wink]

Windriver
[signature]
Another factor that may have made the fishing slower is the water level is up since a week ago from all the recent rain that we have been getting.

SteelFisher
[signature]
I was out on Ririe last night (Saturday) from 3-7:30 with 3 buddies. We all managed to pull in at least 2 keepers each (all were released) along with about 7 others that were between 6-10"...We also managed about 20 Perch between the 4 of us.

I am no real fishermen but i am loving Bass fishing on Ririe and its days like this one that make it a fun day on the lake. I have never been out there and not caught a lot of fish. I am just wondering where all the 4-8lbs are hiding!
[signature]
How deep are you fishing and what type of gear if you don't mind me asking. We were doing well with Senkos, and tubebaits, but like I said it slowed down for us Friday night when the conditions were rough.

Windriver
[signature]
Were you fishing the dam side or Blacktail? I've got a family reunion this week and we are planning on diving for crawfish on Thursday. Just hoping the water isn't to muddy or cold. Crazy weather we're having, its been messing up my plans all spring.
[signature]
Unlike other fishermen i am more than happy to let you all know my secrets to catching more fish.

We were just fishing with live worms along the shores on the Dam side. I have never been down to Blacktail because i have been so successful on the Dam side.

When we were out on Saturday night we could see down to the bottom up to about 10-15 ft with polarized eyewear. The water was very clear along the shorelines.

Good Luck everyone!

P.S. i will see if i can get some pics up of the fishing...i have to get them from my buddy.
[signature]