Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishable Rivers??
Well since the provo and weber rivers are still high, how are the rivers fishing up north such as the blacksmith, little bear or logan? Any recent reports would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
blacksmiths fork is at a nice flow and very fishable. Also take a ppek up south fork of the ogden it is looking good. Had a friend go up there 3 or 4 days ago and had a 8 fish day in a couple hours of fishing. standard nymphs and some caddis hatches. May even try some stimulator patterns
[signature]
Don't know about those but plenty of places are fishable and some are fishing very well in the last couple weeks. I've personally fished all or firsthand knowledge of people catching fish at Current, Fish, Thistle, Diamond Fork, Hobble and Lost Creeks. Sure some have been blown out for a few hours to a day but with drier weather on the way that shouldn't be an issue. I think you missed a pretty good salmonfly hatch but the stonefly hatch is still going in some places. It's the best stone fly hatch I've fished in about 5 years so be sure to take some along.
[signature]
All the northern rivers you asked about are fishable. Weekends have a lot of people on them. Logan is the highest of the 3.
[signature]
I'm from Michigan, but was visiting my son in Logan last weekend. We fished the Blacksmith Fork on Saturday afternoon (6/20). Picked up a couple of small Brown's. Didn't pay attention to if they took the fly or nymph (sorry). Late afternoon moved upstream just below Hyrum City Park. There was a good hatch on, however, we weren't able to match it with dry flies. The upper flat areas of the river were very wadeable. There weren't that many people on the river. It was a great afternoon.
[signature]