Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narrowly missed the skunk!
Man, the water gods hated me today. Good thing no one took me up on my offer to go fishing w/ me a gem! I got out there and tried to start the motor. Couldn't keep it running. It would start, then run a minute, then die. Did this repeatedly which has never been a problem. Decided to bag it an took it back to storage. Opened it up there and found that when I changed out fuel lines the air return line to the tank was cut too short and folded causing a kink. Basically air wouldn't go back to the fuel tank to pressurize it and push more fuel to the motor. Got more hose, replace it and figured it should work. So I took the boat over the the Johns Hole ramp in town figuring just put it in, run it to test it then pull out. The ramp had a dozen kids on it and the dock I could see was half submerged. Decided to take it to Gem for testing. Got there and found that since I had left Parks and Rec had put 3 concrete dividers across the ramp and a sign saying that it's closed d/t high water! Go figure. Glad I hadn't been out boating and come back to that on the wrong side. Ended up saying forget the boat and parked it again.

After all that the kid wanted to still go fishing so I took him to Blacktail where several people were swimming and fishing and boating. Not many catching fish though. I managed to catch about 6-8 cocktail bass and small to medium perch and one decent trout around 12" range. I also got 2 really solid hits on seperate casts from something a little further out to the right of the park area but couldn't keep it on. After a couple hours we packed up and left.

Hopefully the boat will work the next time I get it out!
[signature]
Man, tough day. But aint that the way it goes sometimes! Just good to be out with your son tho I'm sure.
[signature]