Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to tubing, ODC420 on way
Hey everyone finally got my tube and got it registered. Registered? Yea Ohio is awesome it is so nice to have no HIN on my tube and have to raise hell in the ODNR office to have them generate me one. Good times.

Anyhow I am in the process of building my rod holder and I do have some pics I plan on posting shortly or tomorrow. I did have one question concerning them. I mainly use baitcast reels and as I look around the forums at the pics and even the recent pics in this thread I see a lot of baitcast reels in rod holders w/o a cutout. Is this the way to do it because I see tube dude usually has a cutout of sorts for his holders. I have tried many combinations of cutouts only to find that none of them really accomadate my pistol grip baitcasters

I currently have 15 inch 1 1/4" #20 pvc I am using and the rods fit in fine i just wonder if just having the bottom portion of the baitcaster just resting in the tube without being "slotted" in any way makes me worry.....but I also havnt hit the water yet till tommorrow.

Any suggesstions would be greatly welcomed hopefully my phone will start workin here soon and I can send the pics.

*EDIT*
Got the pics
[signature]