Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soaking wet
not a cloud in the sky, and a mile from the nearest fish puddle and yet I was wet enuff I could drown worms in my pockets....

95 degrees, humitity pushing 80 and the beromiter through the roof...

tried to work in the garden today, I could get in about half hour of work then I had to go back in and swallow a gallon of water and cool off for an hour then back out for another thirty min of joy in the sun... [laugh]
[signature]
try working in a steel factory 12 hours..1 gallon of watter per hour is about right..hope it cools down soon..
[signature]
been there, done that, but I can top that one, I used to load rail road cars in a plastic injection molding plant in the record heat wave of 1977 where hundreds of people died, 100 + degrees for over 14 days. I even had to move the rail road cars by hand as much as 50 feet when the engeneer missed on his drop off,

talk about your cat on a hot tin roof, man I was the melting sucker under that tin roof....[shocked]

here is the kicker, I had to walk to and from work 5 miles each way that summer.... lost all my baby fat that year... [:p] That was of corse the year I caught a 17 inch crappie on the forth of july.

the guys working in the foundries, now thay got it bad. [pirate] year round.... those castings would come to my steal plant still hot where I had to stand next to the 4x4x4 tubs for 12 hours as they radiated 100+ temps...
[signature]
dont get me wrong, I dont envey them guys working with hot tar on the roofs, or the guys laying new roadway on these hot dazes...
[signature]
i aint got it that bad..we just cut the steel..i dont think i could handle the foundrys or plastics injection molding...theres alot of people got it alot worse than us..
[signature]