Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRAWBERRY. NICE DAY!
I must also chime in to say that I enjoyed your well written story. I didn't mind the length a bit. I really appreciated hearing someone speak from a position other than pride and prowess of how wonderful we think we are. [Wink]

I saw a lot of myself in this story. My only regret is that there were no pictures. I have a good imagination, but the green boat - that I really would like to have seen!! [laugh]

It's great that you can laugh - or are at least willing to share. [cool]
[signature]
Now that is a real fishing story. Thanks for taking the time to share it. You may want to consider sending it to some magazines for publication. Better luck next time.
[signature]
That was a great fish tale. You are a good writer. It has been a while since I have read a story that makes me laugh that I can relate to. Thanks.
[signature]
Thanks for the report i love your stories! I'm sorry about your misfortune. I wonder if Strawberry is a salt-water lake now[:/] from your tears! Thanks for the hilarious report!
[signature]
Here is an old thread that I thought some of you newbies would enjoy reading.
[signature]
I would say the writing style lends itself to more of a Patrick McMannis.

Sweet!
[signature]
Pez, your story now DISPROVES the saying "a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work"! I've had those days in the past...

EXAMPLE: Trout opener in Cali

1. Froze my a$$ off in the car the night before the opener, sleeping in a reclined front seat. Awoke cold, sleepless, with a backache
2. Snapped the tip off my fishing rod that morning
3. Later lost my balance and fell in the river. Filled my waders with ice water past the knees. Avoided drowning by grabbing a rock. The water downstream was well over my head! Then had to climb up a steep embankment out of the river through 25-30 feet or more of blackberry vines, as there was no other safe way out.
4. Finally got back to my car, only to find a tick embedded deeply in my neck!!!!
5. Didn't even catch one measly trout that day!!!

I'll take the good day at work, thank you!
[signature]
Your post makes me feel good about my little adventure last week out at the Gorge with my wife. We stopped in at the ace hardware store to get our mussel sticker only to have the computer go down. I start out on the lake and the big motor shuts off due to no oil for the two stroke, yet it looked half full when I left. A big white and green cruiser decides to run me over and if I hadn't gave my kicker full throttle and a sharp left turn we would have went swimming and the guy just gives me a WTF look. Having to steer the boat with my kicker manually due to the fact that my steering rod broke I couldn't see the fish finder and asked my wife to let me know when we hit 60' of water so I can bring up downriggers. I found out we were shallow when both riggers started bouncing violently. I was able to save the one but we spooled the other one. We called it a day and headed back for the motorhome only to find out I couldn't start the generator due to a bad battery. We went back out that night fishing for burbot only to have the boat battery go dead using the lights and we were no longer able to start the big motor again and I lost the gps on the fishfinder. I know exactly how you feel and hopefully I can get a little more cooperation from my wife if she wants to continue to fish with me. I also need to due my part in making sure things can go a little smoother in the rest of these trips.
[signature]
LMAO, that's just friggin' hilarious Steve. Glad you can spin some humor into it! Sorry you had a "crappy" day.
[signature]
Classic report!! Last time I tooki my wife fishing I fell through the ice for the first time. Things tend to go wrong when we bring our wonderful caring wives along!! Hope she made it up to you later![blush]

So when are we going to hit Yuba? (We chatted at Antelope Point). We can use my boat, my gas and my gear, but we need your expertise!
[signature]
best report ever on BFT
[signature]
Thank you boys for your kind words.
My little bride had to read your comments to me as there is something wrong with my eyes.
I was at Antelope Point Marina on Lake Powell over the week-end when a covey of young ladies strolled by. They were all Goddesses and collectively I've seen more cotton on a Q-Tip than there was in their bikinis.
I was tryin' not to look, but something over-took me. Next thing I knew one of my eyes was looking at the ladies and the other was staring at my fat belly. I heard another Pop and both eyes were out of the sockets. Had my belly not been in the way, I'd have been staring at my feet with my face lookin' straight ahead!
Trying to get one final glance as they walked away, I leaned way, way back to point my, bugged completely out, eyes at them when I fell off the dock and into the lake nearly drowning.
I came back up here to the holy land to get the eyes fixed tomorrow, but now I'm sufferin' from an earache caused by the little bride slappin' me the side of the head when she heard how it happened!
If I get my sight and hearin' back I'll post some more fishin' tails.
Calm seas and tight lines. Pez Vela
[signature]
[laugh] I JUST HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS. I mean, getting caught looking a little to long and ending up with an earache cause of it!
BTW, ya sure you got your eyes back in their right sockets?? I've lost my so many times I had to mark the back of them. Sense then my eye sight has improved, or so I'm told
[signature]
A bump for the pleasure of all of the newbies.
[signature]