Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny little outboard issue.
So I was curious if anyone can help I have a Merc 200 EFI that has some bogging down/starting issues but only happens when the boat has been run for awhile. As soon as i pull the boat out for the day the next day it runs fine again for a while (couple/few hours) any thoughts help would be appreciated. oh and when it is having the problem it has to have the load of the boat or its fine???
[signature]
[#008000]Here is that link of the Boat mechanic that I mentioned to you:[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000] [/#008000][url "http://www.bestboatservice.com/"][#0060bf][size 4]BestBoatService[/size][/#0060bf][/url][#0060bf][size 4].[/size][/#0060bf]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Here is a thread by one BFT member that has used them before: [/#008000][#0060bf][size 4] [/size][/#0060bf]

[#0060bf][size 4] [/size][/#0060bf][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Boats_%26_Motors_F171/gforum.cgi?post=511289;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"][#0060bf][size 4]LINK[/size][/#0060bf][/url]
[signature]
Did you ever get in touch with the mechanic? Were you able to figure out what the problem was?
[signature]
no not yet dont really have the funds for it right now but it doesnt do it all the time was at the berry yesterday and had no issues but willard on wednesday it did it when we were done for the day.. i am starting to think that it loads up too heavy on oil and wont power up like it should.
[signature]
could be fowling out if it is 2 stroke, especially if you spend long periods of time trolling without punching the throttle from time to time. Check the fuel mixture to make sure it is right. Keep a spare set of plugs with you and swap out the plugs when it happens to see if that helps.
[signature]
took it out today came up to speed then just cut out would not come over 2000 rpm if i went to idle would just stall. but then would just bust up to speed then cut out again i and getting so flustered..[:/]
[signature]
Have you checked your fuel filters? It is too bad that your finances don't allow you to take it up to Lee's Marine in Hyrum and get it diagnosed and fixed.
[signature]
i am having the best boat guy look at it on friday.
[signature]
Let us know what you find out.
[signature]
[quote 4_luv_of_fishin]

i am having the best boat guy look at it on friday.

[/quote]

Inquiring minds want to know what you found out?
[signature]
So this guy named Rich shows up about 5 hours late (not a big deal just principal) and meets me at the pelican marina with no gear to do any dignostics. we go out and the boat quickly starts cutting out. but not fully like normal. dont think it was hot enough yet but he sees it and so we take it back to the marina and look at it for a bit trying to piece it together. No real thought to why though just wants to changing parts at random.. So he recommends to change my thermostats, plugs, fuel filter. which i did over the weekend before going to test at the berry. He said he was going to further contemplate the issue over the weekend (I was under the assumption that these guy worked weekends?) and call me on monday which he didn't. ran a bit sluggish at the berry but not too bad we only used it in short bursts cuz i got a new battery for the trolling motor so it ran like a champ. He next thinks he wants to change the TPS and do something with the oil injector. Hopefully he will call tomorrow and get this worked out?[bobbeaten][bobbeaten]
[signature]
Reading between the lines, I don't think you were impressed.
[signature]
Unfortunately I think Rich is a guy Mike (the owner) had to hire to help him out with the volume of work he is geting. Rich did a little work on my boat and Mike had to come finish things up. It didn't sound like he was too impressed. I would give Mike a call and let him know your experience. He needs to know and I think he will work to make it right for you.
[signature]
Not terribly impressed... I still have not heard from them will call mike tomorrow to figure out [#0000bf]abbreviation deleted by kent[/#0000bf]...
[signature]
I keep trying to get ahold of him with no luck doesnt answer his phone and his voicemail is full and not accepting new messages.. does anyone know how to adjust mixture on a merc 200 oil injection system? or how to check if its right.. plugs seem a bit oily when pulled. [bobConfused]
[signature]
So I got the boat back from Hollister marine in draper and according to them the ECU is not functioning properly causing it to run a rich condition....so they were nice enough to let me have an old one they didn't remember what was wrong with it to check it out with, if the issue changes then it is definately the culprit...unfortunatly a new one is like 1800.00 so can't really do that right now. But they fixed my prop...and it still runs so I need to swap the computer and see what happens..
[signature]
[quote 4_luv_of_fishin]

...unfortunatly a new one is like 1800.00 so can't really do that right now...

[/quote]

Ouch![shocked]
[signature]
I managed to find one online for 1400 but not sure if I wanna buy something that expensive online...
[signature]
It all depends on who/where you are buying it from. I have bought two cameras off eBay, both around $900 each. I just made sure they were very reputable sellers that had a history of selling similar high-priced items. The newer Detailed Seller Ratings in eBay's feedback system makes it a lot easier to spot the really good sellers and tell the bad ones. I have no complaints at all. I am now waiting for a laptop I purchased off Dell yesterday for $700.
[signature]
I agree with you I do a lot of shoping on E-bay as well and have purchased several pricey things but this unit you will not find on e-bay and its hard to tell what these boat companys sell and how much of it....not only that but some of them won't offer a warranty on electronics once they ship. Seems kinda shady.?
[signature]