Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Float Tube Fishing
Hello everyone,
Been lurking a bit and decided to get an ODC 420, my first tube.

I'm starting to read through the forum, getting as much as I can as far as understanding and what will go into it.

Was wondering what anyone thought about areas in Central NJ that would be good for Tube Fishing, both spinning and fly.

I think Round Vally would work for starters, watching the weather of coarse, but have heard from my saltwater brethren that it is too big and the wind picks up too fast.
Anyone have any experience on RV? The guy at the info booth says he never sees them there, kayaks yes, but not float tubes, but thinks they would work out great (he fly fishes).

Anyone have any input of some good starter places to learn the ropes? I'm in Central NJ.
[signature]
I have float tubed down the Delaware River. I have gone with someone up in North Jersey once. I have a TU Togiak float tube. I love it but I too have been looking for places to go and other to go with.
I am going to try Peddie Lake in Hightstown, Carniege Lake, Mercer County Lake, Assunpink Lake. There are so many to try. I have found these lakes and have driven by them but have not tried them yet.

I'll keep you informed of my findings.
[signature]
wknamm,
If you ever want to make a go of it I'm game.
I'm located in Somerville nj.
I think a good one may be Ferrington Lake in Milltown. I did some work there and fished the dock of the house. Mostly caught crappie? there But know there are large LMB in the lake, as well as large Pike? Bit toothy maybe for a floater Smile Saw one swim/porpoise once [shocked]
I once nailed a 4#ish LMB there. I was trying for Pick and for giggles put on a Salt-A bomber. THe LMB whacked that 7" plug! All the time I was offering too small I guess.

Let me know if yhour interested. I know Ferrington is easy in, real easy. May be able to use my clients house and dock for entry and park even.
[signature]