Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/27/09
My son and I decided to take his daughter Sierra out to try Willard for some walleye this morning. This was her first trip in a boat fishing, she just turned 7 so dad had to help her some. We launched at 0730 and fished until about noon. The fishing was slow for us but we did target alot of fish on the bottom in several of my usual haunts, just couldn't get them to co-operate. She did get two eyes to the boat and lost several others. They were both good eyes with one going 20 1/2 and the other an even 21 inches. It was a nice day with very few bugs. I think she is hooked on fishing from a boat and after a meal of walleye tonight I'm sure she will want to go back for more.
[signature]
Congrats on the successful trip Pete.
[signature]
great fish pete that is all me and the wife have been able to catch is eyes.we have only caught one wiper in the last three outingings.next time you go to porki let me know how far up the sheep have moved if you can even see em.hes got about another 2 weeks before he should have them on top of lappatta is all the snow gone up higher i havent been up in a while.im going to try and go up this week just to see if it looks like a napolme strike has taken place.
[signature]
Nice PF
[signature]
I really didn't notice any sheep or snow up there Weds. Not sure yet if the wife and I will head up there or back to Willard this Friday.
[signature]
That's what it's all about! Cute kid & nice fish. Ya gotta love it.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#000000]memory are made, thanks for the post and pic's [/#000000][/font][fishin][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Looked for you on the Lake Yesterday, i did not stay out there but a couple of hours. Managed to catch 1 Walleye
in the first 5 minutes, thats always a (bad sign), nothing the next two hours. Wanted to make sure the boat was running
good, i am heading up to the Gorge for the next 4 days.I will let you know how i do up there.
[signature]
We left about noon, about the time the big Power Squadron was starting to arrive. One thing nice about my birthday last week is that I can now park on the front side by the docks, it sucks to get old but it does have some advantages LOL.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice looking eyes Pete and that is one happy kid[Smile].
I've always wondered what they consider a senior to be age wise, is it 50 or 55?
[signature]
Nice report.
Great pics,she looks like she was happy to out fish grandpa.[Wink]
Thanks for sharing.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Sr. citizen is 62, season park pass is $35 and you also get to park on the front side at the South Marina.
[signature]
Darn, I was hoping I was closer than that. Maybe I can qualify for the disabled part, to park at the S marina[:p]
[signature]