Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Archery Rules
So whats the deal with the archery season being split so you can only hunt statewide for the last part. IHMO this is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard of. I guess I just don't understand why they would ruin a perfectly good hunt? That is what makes the archery hunt so much fun is the flexibility to be able hunt different areas. I guess I just don't get this one any comments?[shocked][mad][crazy][:/][unimpressed]
[signature]
Did you really think that us archers ever got a fair shake in this state? We are the low man on the totem pole, and most likely always will be. I've been doing the archery hunts here since 81 and have seen the many ups and downs we have been handed. I continue to hunt this season for the solitude and not seeing a mountain of orange and listening to the sound of gun shots. [mad]
[signature]
It is very stupid. Fact of the matter is that people down south really whined and complained for several years that the archers were all going south and killing all of their deer! How stupid is that. 9% kill rate for archery and 30% for rifle, not a whole lot of sense in their thinking. At the RAC meetings even Mr. Anoude said there is no scientific evidence that the deer were impacted in any way by the archery hunters in any region of the state. He even said that they already had a good idea of the numbers of archers that were going down there. I asked him point blank if this was the first step in limiting the number of archery tags issued for any one region. He said no, however I don't buy it.

They will have thier exact numbers this year, and you can bet next year there will be recommendations to pick your region back on the books. Kinda silly, 3 out of 5 RAC's voted against this change, yet is still happened. Makes you think that the whole RAC process is just a bunch of bull, and that the higher ups that have the final say, already have their minds made up...political BS if you ask me.
[signature]
Not only do you have to pick your region the two week split before you can hunt state wide turned into 18 days limited. Eleven days of anywhere. That means there is only one weekend state wide and that is a HOLIDAY weekend.
[signature]
I hunt the Soap Stone area and have for many years. I love the area and I can sneak away to fish when I want too. The road that runs past the girls camp is the boundry between North and Northeast, and it was great to be able to hunt either side of the road. Now that is over unless I am looking for my elk.
It looks like to me that its all about more money and more regulations. It sure would be great if the DWR would worry more about habitat and less about hunters down south.
[signature]
The southern guys cried about all the archers coming down south to hunt, so that's why they incorporated the new rule. Funny thing is, it didn't change anything. There was no quota on the units, so everybody just chose the southern region anyway. Now there will be nobody hunting the Northern Region and somebody that wants to hunt it can't even get a tag.
IMO they should just make it like the rifle hunt and make you choose a region and stick to it. No migration South for the general and then back North for the extended. It's getting ridiculous seeing guys from Parowan running around in my spots on the extended ruining everything.
It's all a big mess![mad]
[signature]
Just be nice and roll with the flow. Not much that us archers can do, we don't carry a big enough stick.[:/]
[signature]
[quote PACKFAN]Just be nice[/quote]

You be nice! [:p]
[signature]
I also hunt soapstone and I love that place! (Especially during the middle of the week.) But I can usually only make it up that way for the opening week and sometimes one other weekend (poor busy college student)[crazy]. Other than that it is pretty much an every night thing closer to home. We always have a big family deer camp up there it has turned into a big tradition so there is no way I am going to miss it but it just means that I will not be able to hunt around home for most of the hunt. What is with the DWR. They have a good hunt and they have to find a way to screw it up. First it was the ML300, then my favorite late cow hunt, now the archery too. Whats next? My bet would be archery elk.
Why is it that the retards always run the show?
If the DWR put as many resources into managing wildlife (and their habitat) as they do finding ways to stick it to the average hunter so they can make more money there would be a lot more things to hunt in utah.
[signature]