Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlled Hunts
Controlled hunt results are out:
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/ch/results.cfm
As usual I didn't draw but my brother and sister in law did.
Good luck!
[signature]
I didn't draw either, as usual.
[signature]
My dad and I drew again on cow elk hunt! 14/16 years so far![Smile]
[signature]
That's great Belasko. I usually hunt cow elk with muzzleloaders up by Lowman where we have a shack. It was just a over the counter tag. Last year it went to a CH but unlimited tags. Now this years the tags have been capped at 50 and I didn't draw. The wolves have hit the area hard and wiped the deer and elk out!!!
I guess I'll be hunting wolves instead of elk this Nov..
[signature]
The wolves have done serious work on the deer/elk numbers in all the Sawtooth and Middle Fork Zones.

Ten years in a row now that I haven't been drawn for deer, elk, or antelope.
[signature]
RedBeard1 and I drew our bull elk tags in unit 75! Time to scout![:p]
[signature]
[Smile]Drew a unit 66a B tag for for elk(10/15 to 10/24)! heard the unit was awesome but never been up there. Any help on where to start scouting?
[signature]
Drew a muzzleloader cow elk tag for the Sawtooth zone on the 2nd drawing.[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
Thats been my meat hunt for years now, it sucks that it's only 50 tags. But I got one.[Wink] Might even get a wolf while I'm there.[shocked]
Anyone else draw?

I'm heading out early tomorrow to go help my brother with his early 39 buck tag. Packing in for 4 or 5 days in the Atlanta area. He saw a shooter in there last week but couldn't get a shot.

Got blood on my hand a few days back helping another friend get his velvet buck. Nothing special but a good start on the season.
[signature]