Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard eyes, no wipers
After reading all the glowing reports about Willard, we decided to give it a try. I have only been to Willard once and it wasn't really a good time. I said we could go anyways, hoping to get the elusive wiper. We got on the lake about 8:30. Troller crank baits on two poles and during the time we were there we tried atleast 20 different colors and sizes. We had three hits and one eye in the boat. The other two poles we ran with plainer boards and worm harnesses: double willow blades and a chartruese gulp crawler. This produced 1 channel cat the 3 eyes. The water temp was 75 when we launched and 79 when we left about 1:00. The bugs were not too bad as there was a little breeze off and on. All the eyes were 18" and will be a great dinner. I think I may have changed my oppinion on Willard. I don't care about the wipers if I can catch walleye. Nice day. With Rusty Hook ( my son) catching an eye at Willard, he has caught walleye in Deer Creek, Starvation, Utah Lake, Yuba and now Willard.
[signature]
Ya know this guy once told me at cabelas he catches them at starvation with gulp crawlers o wait I would know that beard anywhere... I took you and your sweet mothers advice headed to starvation and cought a ton of nice walleye. Using harness with pumpkin gulp crawler thanks for the advice hope to see you in the store soon...
[signature]
she had 6 walleyes in the boat at stravation before she informed me that she had the pumpkin gulp crawler while i was using the natural gulp crawler and hadn't caught a thing. same color beads and blade only different crawlers.
[signature]
I think you have the exact same boat as me only in green. 1999 Lund 1700 Pro Sport.
[signature]
so you were the one along the west dike going south bound? how did you do?
[signature]
I wasn't there, I've just noticed little tell tale details in the photos of the last couple of fishing trips you've posted up. It looks identical to my boat (except green). I do prefere the vinyl floor you have, mines carpet and always a mess.
[signature]