Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing below Black Canyon Dam
I went yesterday and caught 16 bass. It was fun with the ultra light pole. But none of these were big [frown]. They were biting on Rooster tails and plastic squiggle tailed jigs. Funny huh?

Then I saw it, finally, a nice big bass jumped out of the water. Then I saw another. Thats what I want to catch.

My husband caught a fish we didn't know what it was, so we googled it when we got and it was a yellow perch. We had never seen one before.

When I went to Sawyers pond the other day, I was in the 3rd pond and threw a rooster tail. A bass hit on that there as well. I wonder why? Who would of thought a rooster tail would catch bass.

Robyn
[signature]
I've heard the bass fishing was pretty good there I'll have to check it out. As far as the spinners go I was pretty surprised the first time I caught bass on spinners. I've caught both small and large mouth on various different Panther Martins. The biggest bass I've ever caught was on one. Still not very big but big for me
[signature]
bass love the blade on the rooster tail, it mimmicks a wounded minnow and bass love minnows!! This is why a spinner bait is so successful, they love the shiny blades!!
[signature]