Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7-2
Kinda slow, marked a lot of fish, only a few takers. Trolled mostly but did get to chase one boil, well, more like a simmer.
We were cruising along about 200 yds out from the dyke on the North side when suddenly we saw all the grebes come together. It was almost mystical to see them suddenly all group up on top of the boil. At first I wasn't sure I wasn't seeing grebes diving, but when we got close we could see the occasional splash of a fish in the middle of them. More like a simmer.

Got a call from a friend who was going to come up at that it was storming Purple on the Dopler and I had better get off the lake, so I did. I couldn't believe there were people launching as we were pulling out. (power squad) The first drops hit the windshield as we left the gate and it was pouring at Smith & Edwards. I do so hope they enjoyed their 5 min. ride and pulling the boat out in the pouring rain with lightening.

Oh, yeah, 1 wiper, 17" 2 crappie, 11". all on these old lures I found in a tackle box I hadn't opened in 3 or 4 years. They are called Producers, came from Walmart. I wasn't sure they would work, but I had heard the name before. Silver with black bars at 2.3 mph.
[signature]
Everyone says them producer lures are like gold for willard. I was able to find some on ebay, but havent tried them out yet. Too bad the weather isnt better, could have gotten into that boil action [Wink]
[signature]