Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for reel assistance.
I am currently in the market for a jigging outfit and have chosen the rod. It is an 8 foot ML action pole. My question is; What type of reel should I get to finish my jigging combo?

Thanks BFT [bobhappy]
[signature]
Is your pole choice spinning or baitcasting?
[signature]
are you talking heavy walleye and bass jigs or small crappie and bluegill jigs...i would think the line would matter more then the reel..your casting distance or rate of retreive of your reel is not that important..id say 4 to 6 pound for the lighter jigs 6 to eight for the hevier jigs..braided low stretch line if your jigging in deep watter..mono has to much strech to set the hook on deep watter..
[signature]
spinning
[signature]
ML will be rated for 4-8 lb test line I would assume so the reel question is the quality of reel you will want. If you fish alot you will want to put some money into the reel as it does most of the work. So consider the nuber of ball bearing in the reel, they are important for smoothness and durability. Then I would look at warenty options and where it can be worked on (like where you bought it or is there someone who does that in your area or do you need to send it in. Then you will need to learn the maintenance it will need to keep it strong. Hope this helps.
[signature]