Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anglers Inn
For years i have been shopping at anglers inn, willing to pay a little bit more to get better service and information.

Recently i have noticed that the service i get lacks what i can get at my local Wall Mart. Their selection also seems to be less than it has been.

The last time i was in The Riverdale store the Guy i usually ask for Advise "i won't name names' was more interested in tying dry flies and B.S'ing with the lady sales clerk than in helping anybody who was looking around in their store.

Has anglers in gived up on trying to compete for the buisiness of anyone but fly fisherman?
[signature]
I gave up on Angler's Inn a long time ago.

Way back, there was one AI store, the Sugarhouse location in SLC. Then there were two more locations, one in Sandy and one in Ogden. One day I went into the Sugarhouse store and I did not recognize the place. They had moved all the fishing stuff into a small corner and the majority of the other floor space was full of clothes, crafts, and other non-fishing stuff. I then found out that the best people there had quit due to the changes in priority. I was reluctantly told that those people, who I still see as the best and the brightest, had started there own store. That is where I go now.

If you liked the old Angler's Inn, then visit Fish Tech in the Holladay area in the Salt lake valley. You will get the same expert advice you liked before. These guys really do know their stuff. A couple of the staffers regularly win the fly casting competitions. It is worth the extra few pennies you pay for your gear. Check it out.
[signature]