Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to catfish on utah lake Lindon/AF boat harbor
[size 1]I have been fishing out on the lindon boat harbor and have caught tons of mud cats, but no channels. I have a couple of questions. 1 Where is the best fishing at the AF boat harbor and how do I get there? I live in Orem. I have heard there are a lot of big cats there. 2 does anyone know if it is really illegal to fish just south of the lindon boat harbor where there are those fenced off areas with all of the signs or would I be ok to go in there and fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jed Burton
P.S. what are the best times of the year to catch cats in utah lake. [Smile][/size]
[signature]
If you go in the entrance to Lindon Boat Harbor, keep driving straight ... On the outside southwest edge of the harbor, there is a current. The current runs along the harbor edge but the Cats like the corner ... Cast out about 30 Yards towards Pelican point with a chunk of shrimp. Hold on to your rod because the channels will steal it. The best way to rigg your line is, an egg sinker above a swivel with about 18 inches of leader to your hook. Cut-up carp, Shrimp or white bass will get you some decent channels.

As far as the off-limit areas, they are bad water ponds. they have no game fish in them. Just carp.

Good luck man!
[signature]
is that on the harbor side or the lake side? and do you mean all the way to the point or where the road curves and goes northwest.
[signature]
That would be the lake side ... all the way to the point. Trust me on this, I work there. Good luck and bring a net!
[signature]