Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any info on these old/vintage rods
Hi,

My father in law gave me 3 of his dad's old rods. They are at least 30 years old, probably closer to 40, 50 or more.

The first few pics show a rod that reads:
Acme
Mermaid
Made in Tokyo

It looks to have been repaired before as you can see the
resin repair kit in the box.

The next few pics show a rod that reads:
TF 8 1/2
Great Lakes
Tubular Hollow Glass
Deluxe Fishing Rod

The third is apparently a Fenwick fly rod.
On the side of the tube it reads:
Fenwick Products Inc.
On the top it reads:
Model: 315 4
Length: 7

On the rod it self, in addition to the above text it looks like it says it's a 3 1/3 oz. rod.

I'm guessing they are all fiberglass.

I don't have any plans to use these rods and my father in law said he doesn't care if I sell them, keep them, or throw them away. I don't really want to throw them away as I'm sure there's somebody out there who collects them.

Can anybody provide more info on these rods and or their value. Which I'm sure isn't much but if I find any willing buyers I might consider selling them. Thanks.
[center][inline Acme_Mermaid_close.jpg]

[inline Acme_Mermaid_full.jpg]

[inline Great_Lakes_close.jpg]

[inline Great_Lakes_full.jpg]

[inline Fenwick4.jpg]

[inline Fenwick3.jpg]

[inline Fenwick2.jpg]

[inline fenwick1.jpg]
[/center]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hey there kickingback - looks like you have some classic rods in your possession. Here is a link to the Fenwick glass rod:
[url "http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbworks.com/Fenwick%5B/size%5D%5B/#008000%5D%5B/font%5D%5B/i%5D"]http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbworks.com/.../#008000][/font]
[/url]

It would help to reduce your pictures to no larger than 45-mp wide and then do an in-line upload. In that manner all of your pictures would show up in your post. I can do that if you like.
[signature][/size][/#008000][/font][/i]
I was going to say the same thing.
You might want to fish with them. I fish glass and love it!
Other than these look like heavier line weights.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Your rod pics have been posted.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
Thanks Dryrod, I had to scale them down from 10mp and I'm not sure I'd have a clue on how to get to both be sized right and look good. You are more than welcome to fix the rest.

Yeah, the Fenwick is nice, thanks for the link. Maybe I'll throw on that extra reel I purchased.

The only one that looks used regularly is the Acme Mermaid.

My father in law has a few more left, I believe one is bamboo but I dont remember. Once I find my camera battery charger I'll try and get some pics uploaded.

Thanks again, you guys are great. [Smile]
I inherited a harnell 644 spun glass fishing rod and have been searching for any information at all on it, if anyone knows anything about this pole or similar ones please lead me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance
[Image: 20230527-191505.jpg]

[Image: 20230527-191514.jpg]

[Image: 20230527-191537.jpg]
Evan Haddock
(07-08-2009, 04:12 PM)kickingback Wrote: Hi, 

My father in law gave me 3 of his dad's old rods.  They are at least 30 years old, probably closer to 40, 50 or more. 

Acme 
Mermaid 
Made in Tokyo 

TF 8 1/2 
Great Lakes 
Tubular Hollow Glass 
Deluxe Fishing Rod 

Fenwick Products Inc. 
On the top it reads: 
Model: 315  4 

On the rod it self, in addition to the above text it looks like it says it's a 3 1/3 oz. rod. 

I don't have any plans to use these rods and my father in law said he doesn't care if I sell them, keep them, or throw them away.  I don't really want to throw them away as I'm sure there's somebody out there who collects them. 

Can anybody provide more info on these rods and or their value.  Which I'm sure isn't much but if I find any willing buyers I might consider selling them.  Thanks.
[inline Acme_Mermaid_close.jpg]

[inline Fenwick4.jpg]

[inline Fenwick3.jpg]

[inline Fenwick2.jpg]

[inline fenwick1.jpg]

The Fenwick 315 4 flyrod has sold recently on eBay for $250. But generally 50-100$ for similar

(06-05-2023, 10:13 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

My father in law gave me 3 of his dad's old rods.  They are at least 30 years old, probably closer to 40, 50 or more. 

Acme 
Mermaid 
Made in Tokyo 

TF 8 1/2 
Great Lakes 
Tubular Hollow Glass 
Deluxe Fishing Rod 

Fenwick Products Inc. 
On the top it reads: 

I don't have any plans to use these rods and my father in law said he doesn't care if I sell them, keep them, or throw them away.  I don't really want to throw them away as I'm sure there's somebody out there who collects them. 

Can anybody provide more info on these rods and or their value.  Which I'm sure isn't much but if I find any willing buyers I might consider selling them.  Thanks.

[inline Fenwick4.jpg]

[inline Fenwick3.jpg]

[inline Fenwick2.jpg]

[inline fenwick1.jpg]

The Fenwick 315 4 flyrod has sold recently on eBay for $250. But generally 50-100$ for similar

The Acme Mermaid sold on eBay for about $60 with the orginal case. There is one listed for $250 but it has not sold

Acme 
Mermaid 
Made in Tokyo 

TF 8 1/2 
Great Lakes 
Tubular Hollow Glass 
Deluxe Fishing Rod 

Fenwick Products Inc. 
On the top it reads: 

[inline Fenwick4.jpg]

[inline Fenwick3.jpg]

[inline Fenwick2.jpg]

[inline fenwick1.jpg]

Acme 
Mermaid 
Made in Tokyo 

TF 8 1/2 
Great Lakes 
Tubular Hollow Glass 
Deluxe Fishing Rod 

Fenwick Products Inc. 
On the top it reads: 

[inline Fenwick4.jpg]

[inline Fenwick3.jpg]

[inline Fenwick2.jpg]

[inline fenwick1.jpg]

The Acme Mermaid sold on eBay for about $60 with the orginal case. There is one listed for $250 but it has not sold

Sorry, I can't find a reference quick for the Great Lakes tf8 rod. They all are intresting enough that proper research is important. In excellent condition they have potential value.

(06-04-2023, 10:17 PM)EvanH Wrote: I inherited a harnell 644 spun glass fishing rod and have been searching for any information at all on it, if anyone knows anything about this pole or similar ones please lead me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance
[Image: 20230527-191505.jpg]

[Image: 20230527-191514.jpg]

[Image: 20230527-191537.jpg]

I have not located that exact rod yet but vintage Harnell rods can fech good money. Some of the trolling rods recently sold for over $300 on ebay 50-150 is not uncommon depending on condition. Its worth the time doing some Google research
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew