Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest update from Utah...
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I've been watching the bass board unfold and it's coming along nicely. There is no such thing as a dumb question and I've learned a thing or two myself as well and met fellow bass fishermen from across the country through pleasant conversations and questions that I ask myself. Anyway, pat yourself on the back- We are the best! [Wink]

Anywho, I thought I'd chime in and give a report from my home state of Utah. My 'season' started the first week of April and it's been kind of rough up until the last three weeks. Cold mountain weather and rain has kept the reservoirs cold and dirty but now they have cleared quite a bit and temps, water clarity and water level are stable. I can finally fish 'my spots' with more confidence.
The last three weeks I've fished Steineker, Flaming Gorge, Pelican, Starvation, Utah Lake, Jordanelle, Pineview, Mantua, Deer Creek and some private ponds. Utah Lake and Mantua remind me of fishing in the south-in the junk.
I've only fished one tournament this year as I have been busy and busy, did I mention I was busy?
The more I fish the less pictures I take and when I look back I should have taken pics. Some fish might not be trophys but they remind me of good trips with great friends. Here are some pics of recent trips, I kept forgetting to fix the date on my camera. Sometimes I remembered to turn it off but I finally fixed it tonight.

P.S. Don't forget about the bass fishing contest. Look for the 'sticky' post at the top of the bass forum page.
[inline IMGP0263small.JPG]
[inline IMGP0264small.JPG]

[inline IMGP0267small.JPG]
[inline IMGP026818.5small.JPG]
[inline "daddys little girl.JPG"]
[inline "Pelican July 3-09 001small.jpg"]
[inline "Pelican July 3-09 002small.jpg"]
[inline "Pelican July 3-09 003small.jpg"]
[inline "Pelican July 3-09 004small.jpg"]
[inline bigfishQuail3.jpg]
[signature]
Dude, how was steinaker? I was supposed to hit it last week, but ended up staying at pelican the whole time. Pelican was a riot. I posted a report with pics on freeformfishing.
[signature]