Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waist waders
As it has applied to me, the Flygoddess has also been the Wadersgoddess. lol
Due to her posts I purchased a pair of Simms Gore Tex Convertables and couldn't be happier with them. Since I spend a ton of time in my tube, I decided to have a pair of back-up waders, that could also give my Simms a break now and then.
The Flygoddess seemed to have good luck with a pair of Rivendell waist high waders, so I won a pair of Rivendell chest waders on Ebay. I like the fit and they are working out great!!!!
Now to the big question for Flygoddess, Do you think there is a chance that the waist is high enough on the Rivendell waist high style for a Fat Cat float tube??
I have never unzipped the chest portion of my Simms. They are plenty high enough as they come.
Huge THANK YOU to the help from Flygoddess. You are really are a Goddess of sorts. lol Thanks, Illinoisgiller
[signature]
I do think they come up high enough. In a SFC you are probably sitting in an inch or so of water. The water isn't on top of your lap.
If you have the Chest high Rivies, why not fold them down, or is it just the convenience of slipping on a pair of pants, them boots and go.
I know that was my reason.....LOL
I know they make my butt look big[Wink]

[Image: IMG_0299.jpg]
[signature]
Flygoddess, Thank you for the reply. Actually I was considering a pair for my son.
Do you think the waist hight would compare to a pair of jeans?
I guess I haven't done enough homework yet. If we get out tmw, I'll see how much water he is sitting in when moving around .
I couldn't consider a pair if they make my bottom look big. [crazy][crazy][crazy][laugh][laugh][laugh] Illinoisgiller
[signature]
On hot days levis would be okay, but he will get wet, no doubt. I would think more wading pants as they dry really quickly.
I have thought about Hippers when I use my He or the Navi as the bottom of the inflateable seat is off the water surface, but once moving, the rear gets wet.
[signature]
When I refer to jeans, I was thinking about waist hight. If they fit about the same as jeans for the belt line, I think they might be an inch or two to low . Illinoisgiller
[signature]
Oh, well they need to be a bit baggy, so that you can squat with out pull.
Go with a longer inseam, and baggy through legs.
Sadly, they don't stretch and most people don't do the full deep knee bend when trying them on, but that is the only way to get the no gap in the back.
[signature]