Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mirror lake (report)
hi all took a drive up mirror lake hwy. did more driving the fishing though i did get 8 bows and 2 albino (golden?) trout at mirrow and 1 brookie and 2 more bows at lost lake biggest about 13"

chris
[signature]
The fish up in those cold lakes don't get very big do they? They are a lot of fun though....
[signature]
i was suprised the bow did pull pretty hard for planters the albino no fight at all yhey are pretty though red eyes and all
[signature]
Those are albino not golden trout.
[signature]
I spend a lot of time at the lakes in that area. The fish at Lost Lake are small because virtually all of them are planters. That lake draws down to a puddle every year, even in good water years. The fish can't winter over. In Mirror they put brookies in as fingerlings and rainbows as catchables(and albinos, not goldens). In my experience the planted rainbows don't survive the winters very well in those lakes up there. The brookies do much better in those harsh conditions. Mirror Lake is fished hard so the brookies never really get too big before they're caught and the rainbows are put and take so they are never very big either. However, Mirror Lake is big enough and deep enough that there is potential for bigger fish. I haven't caught any bigs ones but I believe the potential is there. All of the lakes along the highway are like Lost Lake. If you want better fishing and bigger fish you will need to hike a little.
[signature]
good to have you here matador!

sm
[signature]
Thanks. I have been listening to you guys(and your good info) for a while. Finally decided to join in.
[signature]
How close is Witney res from all those wierd rainbow people?? I like to go up their and fish Witney but I'm thinking it might be to close to the weirdo's!
[signature]
I heard that the water up there is very acidic so the fish dont get as big as they could but dont know for sure....just somethin i heard
[signature]