Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A week at rockport report
[font "Times New Roman"]Just returned from a week at Rockport and there was a ski boat pulling a skier and he came between me and the shore on the west side of the lake, I waited and he came for me again, I just know he was out to piss off the fishing boaters (alot us us fishing the west banks) so I got my camera and took a photo of his outfit, I then reeled in the lines and chased him down, told him I had his photo and boat #, the 4 kids were about 19 years of age and cocky as hell, I went to the ranger and we down loaded the photo and he wrote a citation out for recklessness, and not maintaining 150 feet (state law) I will see this jerk in court, my wife and kids as a witness, if this is what it takes to get the skiers to understand then so be it. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Did I tell you I hate ski boats with music blasting?[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]All in all a great time on the water, caught 6 rainbows in the 3 hours I fished, the folks to the east of me caught 2 very nice browns over 22"[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Sorry no photos this time.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]HINTS[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Water temp: 76*[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Very windy about 10:00-5:00pm calm in the AM, and late PM[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Most of the time rainbows, and browns hit.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Rangers everywhere, checking boat permits and places were mussels are found.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Worms and pop gear if trolling, at 2.3 GPS[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]From shore a bubble and worm.[/font]
In the east cove there is a lot of bass, small but good to the taste.
[signature]
Way to go ,sometimes they need to to realize what problems they are causing..Maybe they really don't know-!! Why can't we all just get along ???
[signature]
I know what you mean I posted similar issue about boaters
Awesome your doing something about it let us know how it turns out. [cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
we went there today and the rangers stopped us as we were getting ready to launch. They were telling us that some guy from the lake mead area had been there THREE days before they spoke to him, he hadnt washed his boat before he put it in the water. They said he claimed it had been more than the hours needed to dry, but he put his boat in there for three days. Hope he didnt bring his muscles with him [crazy]
[signature]
Yes there checking every boat there, I wished more res-lakes Rangers would check before they go into the water, perhaps we can slow down the infection of the zebra.
[signature]
I never get many pics of my fishing trips because I am afraid to drop my friend's camera in the water, but it looks like the one picture you got was the best one to have. Thanks for taking the time to make the lakes more enjoyable for the fishermen, bank anglers included! [Smile]
[signature]
I, for one, have just resolved to not take any of my boats to any of the possibly infected lakes. They are dead to me now.
To bad, I never made it to Red Fleet and probably never will now. Maybe with the Kayaks that I can carwash when we are done, but none of my motor boats or fabric covered boats.
I know it seems drastic, but these mussels are bad, once they are in, they are in forever.
[signature]
I was fishing on the west side of the reservior for 3 hours on last Tue, and I hated ski boats with music blasting too. They did not show any respect to others. Fortunately, I still managed to catch 5 smallies between 8-12 inches.
[signature]
Hi FOX, oyu might have been the one I seen out there, nice fish, at least you did not get skunked, I like the wiper kick however ovr trout, I do Rock port for the camping andd family reunion thing, thanks for the report. [fishin]fish on with no jet skiers...........he he[pirate][pirate]
[signature]