Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 footer at the berry and more!!!
So Fishhound and I went to the berry on sunday and did some jigging hoping that the lake had turned on but it was not to be magaged to get this six foot monster in horse creek bay. see berry1.jpg on 8 lb line no less...fought it for like 10 min. We magaged to get as wet as the fish themselves. We did in fact count down the seconds to wetness cuz you could see the line of water on the lake comming towards us and we counted back from 10 to wet. And I mangaged my first koke ever. It was awsome! I had a much more funny version of this trying to post but the internet went screwy and lost it. so here is the short version. Caught about 6 cutts all in slot and have some nice follows and saw some big fish chasing minnows lots of minnows. Caught also 13 chubs which i had never caught before (I know the chubby lovers are going to yell at me now...) but a good day all in all after being pelted in the eye trying to get out of the rain and lightning.
[signature]
Nice...[Wink] That first 6' must have been at least 50lbs. Good Job!
[signature]
Pulled it out of about 30 ft of water had several lines on it that it claimed from people.. nothing like re-landscaping the bottom of the lake.. it weighed a lot.. i didnt pick it up but fishhound could tell you what it was but it was one of those yep im pulling up a tree.
[signature]
Wow at 12-14 bucks an inch the taxidermist is going to love you!![:p] Great report I cant wait to get down there myself!!
[signature]
Looks like a crossbreed between a tiget muskie and a hellgamite
[signature]
[#008000]Well it certainly was an interesting day. Aside from the momentary monsoon that completely drenched us, it was really a beautiful day. Quite a sight being on a nearly calm as glass lake and seeing that curtain of rain marching towards us while we counted down to the second of impact. [/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]We should have taken some photos of that incredible sunset and the almost vacant lake we were peacefully cruising. I can't remember too many times where I could not even see another boat or any waves on Strawberry.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]A very fine outing to celebrate your first Strawberry koke. Did you cook it up already or are you going to try the smoker ? [/#008000]
[signature]
......your koke looks like a trout.....how to tell the difference?
[signature]
Koke look like Chrome this time of year and no stripe down the side if I am not mistaken.
You know, when we had our boat, we had a large picnic table umbrella we set up on it once for shade. Needless to say, a breeze came up and it when flying. We circled to retrieve but it sank like a brick.
I always wonderd about someone trolling in that area. Someone has got to find it some day. Right on the west side of the narrows.[laugh]
[signature]
Kokes dont have any spots on them also the tail is pretty square compared to the trout.. also if you bring one in hard its mouth will look destroyed. The top of the one i got has a blueish hue to it as well. They are both kind of in the same family (Oncorhynchus)
[signature]
Definately a neat day I have not cooked it yet tonight might throw it on the grill see how that works out. The meat looks soo good once i cleaned it. Just sux that the storm rolled in right after getting him so we had to make a break for it and couldn't try for more..I need a second rigger..[Smile]
[signature]