Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba tournament?
What's with the tournament at Yuba this Saturday? It's been as quiet as a mouse peeing on cotton. On or off?
[signature]
MAAN we were out ther 3 days last week I tried the stuff you suggested as well as everyother lure jig spinnerbait I own and didnt even see a follow. We tried chuckin lures trolling jigging you name it no Pike, Perch or Wallys only thing we say plenty of was carp millions of them. they were in full spawn alllllll over[mad] it didnt matter where you were they were there. Thanks for the info though. I think them bad boys arent having to look for food with all them small carp and carp fry everywhere. I was hoping to do good and maybe hit that tourney but noo go.[:/]
[signature]
I know of 3 big pike in the 40' class taken in the last 2 1/2 weeks, so at least those 3 were feeding.

I know what you are talking about. My average is 1 bite for 3 full days of fishing. Way too much feed in there, but that is what makes them fat.

The next time I go to Yuba I'm going to take a fly rod and fish for carp. I've never caught them on a fly rod, but I'll bet it would be a hoot. Much better fighters than a trout. Not fit to eat, but I try to release everything anyway so that part wouldn't matter. As a matter of principle, Any carp I release would be dead when it hit the water.

Don't give up on Yuba. It's tough fishing but when you hook up to a monster northern it makes it all worth while.
[signature]
We caught a good 50 or more carp from the beach while we were just kickin it and they were all let free (unharmed) as tubedude would say. I was suprised not to see a follow or anything. I probably wont make it down there for a minite Pineview is just up the hill from here but I am planning on heading back down there with a buddy who is more familiar with them northerns... Good luck did you hear when the tourney is?
[signature]
All potential anglers (that were signed up) received an email early in the week asking for recommendations as due to difficulties with the state parks and now needing insurance for provate marine events we are getting insurances in place for the Tournament but to be safe we will be movin git to AUGUST 15th, 2009 as to make sure we do not have any violations...
We will still be fishing for the BIG TOOTHY ones this friday and saturday...full force will be used to locate and boat a big one or two!
If you are interested drop me an email at [url "mailtoBig Grinustin@freemydollars.com"]Dustin@freemydollars.com[/url] as we are trying out a couple new places saturday to check viabaility for tournaments for BIG fish...last time I hit it managed a 38"+ in less than the 1.5hrs I was there and a few nice other fish too.
Did you guys fish the dam side to get the fish there? I only saw fish there when I went. The ledges didnt produce any fish for us.
[signature]
To stay out of the parks way at Yuba you mite try that lake way up north it has lots of Tiger Muske in it.....[Wink] [crazy]
[signature]
I am headed to Yuba for a camping/wave running trip this weekend, but would really like to wet a few lines. I have 5 year old twins and I'd really love to get them hooked on fishing. Catching carp would even be fun for them. Does anyone have any advice on catching a bunch of carp? Where to go? what to use? Are they pretty much all over the lake?
[signature]
Yes they are all over the lake. If you look out from shore you can see them cruising just under the surface. A worm on the bottom or even 2-3' under a bobber should work. I have also heard that dough balls work well. A piece of bread get it wet, (you may have to play with how wet) to get the right consistancy, form it into a ball and let it fly.
[signature]
We camped on the beach and all I did was took a jig head and put a worm and chucked it out watch out the carp will pull a rod in set the drag nice and loose..... itas preety fun good luck
[signature]