Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch Lake
Looks like I am probably going to end up fishing Panguitch Lake early morning this weekend - either Friday or Saturday. Any tips or advice? I've never fished it before but will be going with my visiting uncle hopefully.
[signature]
Sorry this late. But, hey you may go out tomorrow.

Chironomids....dead drift with an indicator...try lightening bugs, nymphicators, root beers and such. It's getting warm down there so look for pockets on the west end that are 10-20 feet deep. If that doesn't work try some leeches/wooleybuggers and lightly strip. I plan on fishing it during the 24th weekend..so hopefully it will be productive.
[signature]
How dd the trip turn out? I was there fly-fishing as well. Tons and tons of cruising eating fish... Some looked very large. Hooked a couple on olive woolley buggers, but not too successful. Fished the West end of the lake.

Has anyone fished Panguitch lately that could give a few pointers? There were lots of people fishing, but not too many catching fish. My parents own a cabin there so I am trying to learn how to be more productive... Thanks!
[signature]
Sorry to not respond sooner. I actually didn't make it to Panguitch Lake when I was down there, but fished Yankee Meadows instead. Wasn't my kind of fishing - all seemed like tiny stocked rainbows. It was where the people I was with wanted to go.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about Yankee reservoir. I have fished it on few occasions and experienced the same (9"-13" stocked rainbows). We are planning another trip back to Panguitch lake here the first of August to try it again. I have bee tying all kinds of chironimids, micro-leeches, and patterns that we hope to try. Have you fished Navajo or Red Creek reservoir? I have heard good things about both.
[signature]