Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida eyes
I fished the bear for some cats and smallies last night, if you can believe it i landed a 24 inch eye on a popper of all things. i couldnt believe it. It hit just like a huge smallie. We only landed 1 cat but i missed alot of bites.
[signature]
WOW!! Your right I can't believe it! Popper..now that's one I've never used for em!! Speaking of kitty kats check out this BIG UGLY I caught last week on the Bear!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
Yes it worked i can see it now and your right that is one ugly looking kitty but good on ya[laugh] nice fish there was that on the idaho or utah side of the bear???
[signature]
I was in Benson area(UT side). The river was high and running full force(trolling motor didn't cut the cookie)!! Pulled into this swamped out finger...3feet of water max! Kitty's and Crappy I found plus this Mutant Channel!
Bet he'd been buried in that mud for a couple years before the flood! Check out the bait!!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
I know exactly where that swamped out finger is. I tried to figure out what bait that is but I am partially blind. Is it part of a shrimp? The river has been so high, I haven't even tried fishing it yet, It should be coming down soon. Then I will be out to play. Good work on the cat, that sure is a dark ugly one![sly]
[signature]
i dont think i have ever seen a cat that dark. ya i couldnt believe the eye hit the popper. I was excited i painted the popper and it was like my second fish on it. i will have to put some pics of them on here i am pretty proud of them.
[signature]
LOL Hey Monster!! It's a 1/2 night crawler on a size 2 hook...dipped in "FISHINMA'S SUPER SECRET SAUCE"!!!!
The boat launch in Benson by the church...go up river about 2 blocks or so...you'll see the finger..before that is a BIG tree!! Fishies love that area!
GL
FUN FUN but not my favorite place!
MA
[signature]
Jigs..You better show that sweetie off!!!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
So was that on your fly rod? I had one evening at Rockport Reservoir in Utah when the yellow perch were going nuts on topwater. I thought that was pretty strange too.

As for walleye, I stopped by Oneida for an hour or two Friday morning. I was hoping to get into the smallies, but only caught one dink. I did find one little weed bed on a point in only 5 feet of water where the walleye were feeding. I caught four in that little ten foot circle and nothing anywhere else. One was decent, the rest were maybe 12". They made some excellent fish tacos though. On the way back to the truck I caught a huge carp on my jig. That was quite a fight.
[signature]
AWESOME PHOTO! Was it windy when you caught em? I caught the majority in calm water heat of afternoon...they'd chase my jigs right to the boat.lol

Went out on the Bear river(Utah side) yesterday. Fun Fun for the eye's now that the river has calmed down! Get your jigs out Boyz!! I'm takin that Utah record!!lol
Smiley!
MA
[signature]
Thanks! The wind was kicking up quite a bit when I caught them. I figured getting there in the morning would produce well, but it sounds like I can get some sleep and still get some eyes. I was surprised too at how close they were hitting to my tube. I think I'll try The Bear between school and work on Wednesday.
[signature]