Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report
I went fishing at causey friday and saturday. I got a canoe. I started by trolling various small spinners up the body and into little alcoves where i then switched to worms. nothing. Trolled Rapalas. nothing. Tried powerbait on bottom and under bobber...nothing. But everyone i talked to said they caught at least one....hmmmmm.....what am i doing wrong????? Nice trip though![fishin]
[signature]
Any chance you weren't getting the lures down deep enough for this time of year?
[signature]
Drag a rooster tail spinner with no weight behind the boat in the morning or evening and you can't keep the rainbows off. I have been up there about 7 times in the last two months and caught over 20 bows and tigers each time. It's the dang kokes that I cant figure out!
I'm going to give it another go today. [Wink]
[signature]
How early or late were you fishing at Causey? For the
best catching for trout you need to be on the water at first light or earlier and just as Matt said troll rooster tails or other small lures. The first hour and the last hour of the day will likely be the best. Fishing any new lake is a learning experience, don't give up and you will learn to catch them at Causey. WH2
[signature]
How do flies work at Causey? Any good patterns or place to fish??

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
I'm sure flies will work at Causey but I have never tried them there myself. The fly that has worked the best for me is called a pheasant tail I believe. In the lakes I have used it on, I have just pulled it 30 or 40 yards behind the boat going as slow as I can. You can also drag it behind a clear casting bubble if you are shore bound. Good luck, I hope this helps. WH2
[signature]