Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
Anybody been to Deer Creek lately? I'm headed there tomorrow and don't know what to expect.
You can probably expect lots of skiers, waverunners and whitecaps, unless your there early that is. Fished it a few weeks ago and those Bows are in nice shape on that lake, couldn't find the Eyes though, smallies should be full of piss and vinager though. I want to hit it this week also so please let us know how you do.
[signature]
Bows all over Eyes in the North flats
[signature]
Yep, skiers, waverunners and whitecaps. Lot of fish too though. Between me and my friend we caught 4 rainbows, 2 walleye and about 8 smallmouths. Two of the rainbows were fat 15 inchers. All the smallmouth were pretty small maybe 10" and the walleye were about 10" also. I didn't get either of the walleye I'm still trying to catch my first. We didn't have much success trolling, I'm new to it and haven't figured it out yet. We caught most the trout at the inlet. The bass were anywhere there are bit rocks on the shore and the walleye were on the north side of the island. We launched at 7:00 and the wind and skiers picked up at about noon so we got off shortly after.
[signature]
I've been doing good with the jointed brown crawdad trolling 1.5 gps on the flats behind the island for eyes.. Good luck also worm harness with green floats and silver blade half a crawler and hold on skip...
[signature]